Europa : Can You Hear Us Now ? One synth Audiosex challenge

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Spyfxmk2, May 31, 2018.

1. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

I will have a rough draft of a Europa album cover up later tonight (....I just realized that that is subjective; I'll have it up in about three or four hrs.) It's just me spitballing one of a few ideas that I have. Feel free to post up any comments--"yay"'s or "nay"'s are welcome--suggestions on stylings or any ideas that you have for a cover and I'll try and see if I can gear it towards what people want. :wink:
    (For the record, I don't use Reason and am not going to be submitting a track. I just like the fact fact that people on the Audiosex forums are creating something. Other than production and beatmaking, I also do graphic design, especially as of late since I need something to get away from a particularly stubborn mix for a while, so this album cover is a nice excuse to take a brief haitus from mixing.)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  2. Luka

Luka Platinum Record

@Spyfxmk2 I love this track. Even with different synths and on different genres I'm starting to recognize your work. All your song have a vibe that is YOU.

3. Spyfxmk2

Spyfxmk2 Guest

Thank You So Much @Luka :bow:,Peace,Harmony Lots Of Laughter & Love To You & Your Loved Ones :bow: :wink:
    May Inspiration & Creativity be with you at ALL Times :bow:

4. Luka

Luka Platinum Record

You have raised a very good point. It is something that every member should keep in mind if they use pirated software. I had not given it much thought until I read what you and @tapekiller wrote. It is a shame that other members instead of being grateful for your advices embarked in passive criticism ,sarcasm and mockery. And those are the reasons why I gave member @Matt777 a negative rating.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

have to confess... I have never used this synth...hence know 0 about it... but I like the concept

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

As per the debate over using Propellorhead sounds via a pyrated copy, etc., I really don't see the issue. First of all, I highly doubt everyone making a track for the album has a pyrated copy. Second, Who is going to be able to tell if a track was made with a legit copy or not? (And don't try and sell me on the watermarked VST crap. I'll believe it when there is any legitimate proof.) Third, I doubt Propellorhead is going to be too sour about this album; yes, it spawned from a pyrate-ridden forum, but as some people have mentioned, they are paying, Propellorhead customers. And, if I need a fourth item to throw into the ring here, if anything, Propellorhead, if they're smart, will recognize this as free promotion for their products. Beleve it or not, a lot of people actually grab pyrated software as a demo, and many more go on to buy it when they can afford it, whether because of some code of ethics or just the fact that they prefer to get the perks of being on the official, company roster. I understand everyones concern over this, but I think that it's being blown out of proportion. Besides, it's not like anyone is going to be making bank off of this album. If Propellorhead wants a 50/50 split (+points,) from an album that retails for $0.00, give it to them. :rofl:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

Okay, here's one of the album covers that I was working on. As I mentioned previously, feel free to comment.
    (I may have to trial and error the album cover image because of the link site being screwy. Depending on the mood that the host site is in, it presents it as 600x600, 800x800 or 1200x1200, even though the original is 1400x1400. Very odd. If this cover is used I can email someone a copy of the original, plus a back cover with a track list, etc.)

[​IMG]

8. Spyfxmk2

Spyfxmk2 Guest

:goodpost: @eXACT_Beats_ thank you so much :bow: :guitarhero:& respect to you for this ^ :bow:

these are just suggestions so by any means don't take it the wrong way at all,i repeat at all :winker: :

The Audiosex "word" has to be futuristic looking too :bow: imho :winker:,all Audiosexers have a word on this too not just me :bow:

Also if you can match the color theme of the Europa synth with the cover as an alternative & lets see how it looks "on the eye" :winker:
    :mates:

Thank you so much for your time & work good friend :bow::bow::bow:

9. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Exactly what I wrote. Nonetheless there's a one month trial version on their site so it should be OK I guess

10. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

Thanks for the input spyfxmk2. I change up the design of my moniker on sites and album covers from time to time (except for the fact that the "e" is always lower-case and the "XACT" is always upper,) so I naturally did the same with the Audiosex font as purely an artistic choice, good looking out though. If you know what font it is so I can make the switch, that would be helpful.
    As for the color scheme, all the red was sampled from knobs, buttons and waveforms from the Europa synth and the gray overtone balancing the white and black, which many of the nine or ten compiled images were, was sampled from the synths body, though it isn't dominantly featured. The dirty yellow was chosen because it seemed the most cohesive choice to balance the light gray and dark red. I will probably work on a few of the others some more and post them soon, but for now, I'm going to see what the vote is on this design, and, in the meantime, go at another round of mixing that afore mentioned troublesome track.
    (And don't worry about me taking it the wrong way; I'm an musician and an artist....I'm accustomed to criticism. Your suggestions were fine. Besides, I'm sure someone is going to come along on here and tell me it's a worthless pile of steaming dung, so I'm bracing for that. :rofl:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. @eXACT_Beats_ It's a worthless pile of steaming dung...but in a good way!

[​IMG]

If it can help folks visualize the end result then it is a vital nutrient for the soil of this project's creativity, fostering it to grow to it's fullest potential.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

Damn, superliquidsunshine, way to get all Zen on a poop comment. :bow:

13. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

I keep seeing this phrase here.. Is this part of the audiosex dialect? :mates:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. It was what my mind latched onto from walking in the forest this morning and amazing at the vivid green foliage of this beautiful spring morning.

Yes it is part of the audiosex dialect...but in a good way! :mates:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  15. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Don't worry, (almost) none of us did just a week ago. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. genophyte

genophyte Producer

im game i guess, but i aint mixing or mastering a dang thing cause i have final fantasy 12 hunts i need to finish.

wait lol i dont even have this nor have i ever used it.

brb in a few hours

*edit
    back

11 instances of europa and uh each presets i used and fiddled with
    1. hyperdrive
    2. noisy air keys
    3. math dance
    4. 1999 binary bass
    5. bonus stage
    6. daft phase
    7. data rythm
    8. ah tiny tom
    9. europa snare
    10. big dry kick
    11. europa snare

tbh i'll probably just end up going back to digits vst and phonec for the sounds i want.
    also im still doing oldschool fl 12 and it occurred to me i hadnt done any bpm automation /sustain/release hi jinks in a while, so i automated the bpm down from 80 to 67 near the end with record then hit render.

*edit again

wait its for an album thing?

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  17. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

So, how many people are planning on making a track for this album, anyway?
    (Also, if anyone knows what the "Audiosex" font is, that would be helpful. I probably have it amongst my thousands of fonts, but....)

18. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

The one you like best. :yes:

19. Beth

Beth Guest

I installed it to try out today....first impressions thought it was poop...but in a good way. It's growing on me though :wink:

I used 4 instances:
    Space On TV
    Odyssey To Europa
    Late Night Chord Lead
    Ah Tiny Toms

"Eat Cake Together":
    (Temp edited)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2018
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Looks like it. I'd bet the propperheads wished they had composers like you. :yes: