EU sponsors Cubase 8 Pro and Absolute 2 [solved]

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Jasmine, Jan 19, 2016.

?

What do you think about this EU-regulation?

1. It is a good regulation.

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. It is a bad regulation.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

@Jasmine
    You just sold Your national sovereignty for a copy of Cubase :unsure:

That Cubase s#it must be something really exceptional :bleh:

That would come good as a commercial for Steinberg... sell the story to them, and get another 5000 € :rofl:

:mates:

2. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Man, now seriously... that's not really the point I've been making.

As you've pointed earlier, this is a forum that is closely related to warez. You could've had almost any DAW out there "for free" yet you chose one of the two or three that isn't available in "free format" and decided to sign up on this forum right on time to brag about it.

That's the kind of thing you keep to yourself or to your friends. You're basically telling people that they've payed for your funtime with Cubase/Absolute.

3. dondada

dondada Rock Star

Could we ad a new Rule
    NO REAPER TROLLING

let us be the first..........a beacon of light for the interwebzzz :rofl:

4. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

It should be "No NO REAPER TROLLING".

Jeezuz... I even wrote (twice.. or tripleice..) that I used REAPER as an example of something budget friendly but I guess people would only read that if I had written Mixcraft or Tracktion.

This is beyond ridiculous, some of you act like a buzz word data mining software.

5. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

All i can say is this thread is hilarious :rofl:

6. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

But you do realize those subsidies are not your business revenues. Don't kid yourself and think you're running a successful business.

7. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Oh, I did?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revenue
    So unless welfare and subsidies are normal business activities in our field (which they are not), this is not your revenue.
    You might want to get your hands on some accounting 101. If you have the success in the future we all wish you have, you'll have to deal with tax people at some point and it will get you in deep doodoo if you don't have the basic knowledge.

8. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

Yes only if we have a no "MAC IS THE BEST TROLLING" rule :)

9. tapekiller

tapekiller Kapellmeister

or, you know,
    - people that actually need these money.

I live in Italy so yeah, EU, and I'm really curious about the whole thing, because as far as I know you eventually have to give these money back. These money are an investment that they are making upon the assumption that your atcivity is going to get a relevant income, or at least, enough to make you give them back these money you BORROWED from them.
    But for all I know this story could be completely made up, because you haven't shown any proof at all, because I really doubt the Commission would consider wasting money on a music producer.

10. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Says the person who thinks of subsidies as revenue :rofl:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. tapekiller

tapekiller Kapellmeister

I did, otherwise I wouldn't even be arsed with commenting on such a vague post.

http://ec.europa.eu/competition/state_aid/legislation/de_minimis_regulation_en.pdf
    https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...ent_data/file/366058/citr-de-minimis-calc.pdf

Furthermore I already know three people (two of them actually worked together) who already faced this very situation, they first needed to phisically establish an office/workplace and register their VAT number in order to get these "aids", which you didn't mention, and yet is a very important step, since you need to be a fiscal entity in ANY Member State in order to be eligible.

But guess what, you even say that
    when actually the Commission, or the local autorities need to check if your activity, beside being eligible to get these aids (which can be provided in a several forms like grants, loans and subsidised services), needs to be a legitimate activity in the first place, hence the need of the VAT number or whatever you call it in your country. If you skip that process you are accusable of fraud.

12. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

Hopefully users aren't sending their social security numbers via PM to walk them through, "step-by-step" out of their money, insurance whatever... because this thread has that flavor to it.

13. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

@Jasmine

Yes,you get the 5k Euros and perhaps even some tools for your new small firm BUT you can not at the same time receive social benefits.
    As soon as you signed that contract it meant that money would help you start your own business thats the whole point of receiving money to get you off welfare and into self employed business status.
    Also you have to be able to pay for all your pension and healthcare taxes + some other smaller taxes for a minimum of one or two years,depends of the country.
    Closing your business earlier than in a year or two means you will have to pay back 5k euros.
    You would have to have a really sound plan and established revenues to go into this for mots people its a trap.
    Most people who choose this option end up in red numbers,so i hope you know what you are doing.
    All the best and good luck with your business/music.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
  14. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Giving money to "companies" and not giving a shit about people (yes, I'm closer to south of Europe), that definitly sounds like the EU I live in...

15. Aliens

Aliens Guest

You keep saying in your country.
    What is your country?

16. Aliens

Aliens Guest

So your defence to counter the claims you're talking sh1t is 'it's true for my country', yet you're not prepared to tell us what that country is to verify for ourselves.

Laughed out of dodge :rofl:

17. Aliens

Aliens Guest

I've read the thread. All you need to do is provide the name of your country so your specific, individual claim can be verified.
    If you're sure of your position, it will be easy for you to comply. It will be a win/win for you.
    Failure to provide supporting evidence for the EU buying you Cubase will see you leave on the midday stage coach. :rofl:

18. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

W.t.f does this work for cars also i need a new car how can this be done?

19. santillana

santillana Kapellmeister

I find this post very interesting - I run 2 ( music ) business for more than 5 years. I pay all my taxes accordingly and I live in the UK.

Regardless of how much this 5k helps you and your business I would never ask for such a money. My morals won't let me.

I do understand that every country has to delegate budgets with all the money they obtain from Taxes to help the growth of "new business" and eventually this "new business" will then generate more revenue and therefore it will pay more taxes back to the government.

This isn't free money. This ain't a hack you should be proud of. You have just enroll yourself in a government help plan for small business. Congratulations.

Please believe me when I say that I really hope you make some good use of that money and prove your country down-the-line that your business it isn't just a waste of their time and all our money hasn't been wasted on you.

Have a nice day.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  20. Aliens

Aliens Guest

Name your country or it has to be BS until proven otherwise :rofl: