Error with nki file

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by MauryAvero, Feb 13, 2017.

1. MauryAvero

MauryAvero Member

Hello,

I downloaded a sample pack from Audioz that had Construction Kits and one kit has a nki file so the question is: How can I open the .nki? Because I try everything and it doesn't work. I have Kontakt 5.6.5 (the last update) and I tried on another PC with Kontakt 5.5.0 but I have the same error "your new library needs to be added before this instrument can be used" and when I add it says "Library not found"

Cheers.

3. beatroot

beatroot Producer

Sometimes the construction kit in question could be the folder within a folder ,and Kontakt sees only the first folder which does not contain the actual data ,because, the data is within a second folder so the "library not found "pops up.For example 'say the sample pack folder has a name "Mega Construction Kits DISCOVERY" and within that folder is the actual folder "Mega Construction Kits ".Point the add library to the second folder within the first and it should work.I hope this helps..if not ,then you could wait for a more professional view from others in our community, to solve your problem.Cheers.

4. MauryAvero

MauryAvero Member

I select the first folder(that have audio demo, welcome pack etc) then the whole folder of construction kits and then the specific Kit that have the nki inside but nothing works :/

5. Kloud

Kloud Guest

What library is it? What format the samples? Why u need 2 add it less it encoded?
    Sounds like it Looking for .nicnt\.nkr\.nkc or asking for it to be added.
    Has .nki been resaved at all, library location moved etc & can .nki find samples or data folder with nkc etc like beatroot said?
    Could be a few reasons.

6. MauryAvero

MauryAvero Member

The sample pack is: The Audio Bar Pyramid and the construction kit #6 have only this:

[​IMG]

And I don't know how to open it.

7. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Is it a monolith? Size suggest it possibly not & not sure why it asking you to add the library :dunno:
    Double check file extension but prolly is .NKI
    If so NKI could have been batch resaved\stripped or messed around with relative sample path missing or samples missing in which case your in trouble lol :sad:
    Don't know why people do it but might not be that at all.
    Look for samples etc for that kit i.e .wav files in kit no 6 etc
    NKI should be linked to samples i.e should be a sample path or indeed .nkr.
    First of look for .nkr. i.e in search box in folder where it says Presets type .nkr and search.
    May lead u to the resource folder or .nkr itself etc.
    Check extension or see what happens when you try and batch resave. Don't actually batch resave but use it to look for samples missing or look for the relative path to the samples.
    Look at checkbox where it says absolute sample paths etc.
    Might not be an option if it a monolith but don't think it is :dunno:

SAYs .nki but should b samples etc that you need to find

8. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Do any of the other kits contain .nkis? I have a feeling it's a mispack and you can't open it because it's a custom instrument someone made and accidentally included. Is there a samples folder with the .wav files for contruction kit #6 somewhere outside that folder? The .nki is just a reference file that points to where the samples are located. If you can find the samples, perform a batch resave and point to the folder containing them.

I did a few quick searches but none of the marketing on this sample pack say anything about Kontakt or even multi-format samples. All I can tell is it contains .wav files, MIDI files, Sylenth and Spire presets. Again I don't have it so if it is made for Kontkat I'll shut up.

9. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Yeah I had a quick search also like Pinkman mentioned & get the same impression.
    Indeed like he says is absolutely no mention of any .nki & that or Kontakt etc.
    I also get a feeling it not supposed to be there and possibly home-made or a re-save error of kinds.
    Normally if no samples etc would just be a monolith or along those lines as is unlikely for something like that there unlikely a resource folder of it's own etc.
    Not like .nkm or protected .nkx etc and not sure why it asking you to add the library as won't be encoded for something like that I'm guessing.
    Is a possibility that the user made a homemade library with say a .nicnt & re-saved and that why it asking u to add the library.
    Strange one but I also got a feeling it not supposed to be there either. Could be totally wrong tho lol :dunno:

10. MauryAvero

MauryAvero Member

I just talked to them and they said this to me:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And inside the pack there is this:

[​IMG]

Then you go to One Shots and see this:

[​IMG]

11. Kloud

Kloud Guest

:) lol try making your own folder & batch re-saving.
    U need to include the samples in the folder though & will initially look for relative sample path.
    Not sure at all what he means by make sure u have all the contact libraries uploaded b4 opening preset :) :unsure: & don't reckon NI gonna do much about it lol.
    Samples 4 those kind normally included in the one shots.
    If you make a folder copy or move .nki to its own folder then copy or move the one shot samples etc or could just be the loop etc from no 6.
    If u copy/paste don't matter none & u ain't changing much.
    So Folder -> containing subfolder named samples. Put nki in first folder & missing samples in samples lol.
    Go 2 Batch resave, uncheck file paths etc and hit resave.
    Will say samples missing but just direct Kontakt 2 your own samples folder & try.
    Pretty sure it a load of effort 4 pretty much nothing tho.:unsure:
    Could b revolutionary but i somehow doubt it & i wouldn't be uninstalling etc just 4 that. Up 2 u tho.
    Don't think it using any resources etc so should maybe work fine

12. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

For real. Sample packs should work right out of the box. They shouldn't be dependent on anything but their own files. I'm curious what all libraries you need to have to make this work. I'm also curious as to how this isn't copyright infringement. I'm a little curious as to why they keep saying "Contact". Most of all I'm curious now about how Pyramid sounds. I might just have to check it out.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. MauryAvero

MauryAvero Member

Sorry but I didn't understand lol.

I need to make a folder inside kit 6 with nki and lead one shot? And then what I do with that?

Sorry again, this is burning my head :dunno:

14. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Lol Pinkman never even thought that way lmao :unsure: but reckon u b completely right :bow:
    I have no idea what he means either with much of what he said.
    Looks dodgy like tho and have no idea lol.
    Think I download it lol & check it out like u say

15. MauryAvero

MauryAvero Member

lead Kontakt.nki could not be saved.

I hope you guys have more lucky than me haha or maybe I did something wrong like put the folder in the wrong folder.

16. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Yeah Pinkman u are right & my guess is it is total copyright infrigement.

Ironic thing is i reckon it's Cinesamples lol also :rofl:
    The only company who ever have taken effective proper legal action against someone.
    This patch is total bullshit & not part of this pack.
    Who makes this rubbish?
    Is missing nearly 5000 .ncw files and wa_ensemble resources .nkr!!
    War Ensemble as in cinesamples drums of war! Strange thing the script also for cinesamples drums of war I believe :dunno:

Total bullshit Maury far as I can work out and best advice throw it in the bin coz it just ripped of from Cinesamples Drums of War as far as I can tell. Either that or it a mispack as said earlier but that being optimistic I guess.

Could b wrong tho lol :yes::bow:

17. MauryAvero

MauryAvero Member

[​IMG]

lol

So if I take CineSamples Drums of War maybe I can find the sound?

18. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Yes lol. :wink:

Reckon so as it missing about 5000 .ncw compressed wav files and resources & script etc.
    Think it might be 1st patch but i don't have drums of war 1 lol.

Reckon that's where the missing 5000 files could be tho :mates::bow: :)

I wouldn't contact cinesamples tho :rofl: