Error when loading a library in Kontakt

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Jackson12, Feb 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Jackson12

Jackson12 Newbie

Admins can delete this thread

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  3. suefreeman

suefreeman Producer

If you're on Windows, try "Run as Administrator" when you open Kontakt.
    Sometimes the permission window will stay hidden underneath , which prevent kontakt to remember the added libraries.
    P.S. could you link to the freeware page instead of an unknow mega link.

4. Jackson12

Jackson12 Newbie

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  5. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

I'd try actually adding the library first. It does not sound like there is something wrong with the nki files, no.
    If you have added the library, and it's in the library tab, but Kontakt is still saying you need to add the library, then there can be a number of reasons why it hasn't worked.
    The most common is that the .xml file that was created has an SNPID # of <000>, which has to be changed to the SNPID # in your .nicnt.
    I'd be surprised if that instrument is from a library with a .nicnt file or even one that's wrapped up in another file.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  6. Jackson12

Jackson12 Newbie

thank you for the reply, I have tried already changing SNPID and make sure that they are same on xml and nicnt file, I have also uninstalled Kontakt and cleaned all registry, I even format my HDD but I still have the same error message :( if I try to load the samples files to kontakt they all work, but Idk how to map them and how to set the settings like the original instrument was made. so if someone can do this and send me a 'working' nki file it'd be very much appreciated :)

7. Smoove Grooves

Oh okay. Well at least it's not that then. As long as you only changed the .xml to have the SNPID from the .nicnt, and you didn't randomly change the original SNPID in the .nicnt to a new number, and then ammend the .xml.
    If you have done something like that, then it can corrupt the library. In which case I'd suggest totally deepcleaning all related files and then redownload the lib and start again.
    If his vid has a link to his website, I'll try having a play and see what I find...
    I'm not about to click on a Mega link, sorry.

8. Jackson12

Jackson12 Newbie

He doesn't have an official website, he is just known on social media here in north africa for making music. Just so you know the instrument comes without a .nicnt file it is just some samples recorded with the instrument then saved to a nki file... I never had a problem with Kontakt like this. when it asked for library I made a .ncint file myself and when I add it, the xml file automatically get same SNPID as the .ncint file has. I have tried almost anything. still get the same problem... which makes me think there's something wrong with the nki file ?

9. Smoove Grooves

Yes, I realised by going to the YT link that your mega link is his link, but I haven't yet had any success trying to download it! Don't know why. Maybe it's my connection right now.
    In his vid I realised it is not showing in his lib tab, and he had the Files bit open, so I worked out there is no .nicnt file.
    I will continue to try and download and sort this out.

10. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

it is not working, that's all, even with a nicnt, regedit edit, xml file. nki's are broken.
    other librairies works, only this one is not loading. just forget it using windows.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. Smoove Grooves

Oh okay. Well done. It wouldn't download for me anyway. Thanks @bobdule.
    @Jackson12 You were right. I stand corrected, yet it did initially come across as though you said it came with a .nicnt file, which it didn't. Hence my guess being wrong.

12. Jackson12

Jackson12 Newbie

thank you guys, yes I was thinking something wrong with the nki file, this is how the samples come with the instrument :

[​IMG]

there's 51 ncw file in samples folder and there's 4 nki files (flute instruments)... I'm not sure if every group of samples is used on a specific nki file or all the samples are used the same on every nki file but just with different setting.. I tried importing these samples to kontakt, they all work but Idk how to exactly map them or adjust them :( can someone please help ?

also I noticed that there were many people commenting with the same error on his video but only 2 people who said that it has worked for them. maybe because these people have mac-os ? because the guy himself has mac-os... is there anyone who has mac and can test this instrument and tell me if it works ? I only have windows. thank you everyone for support!

• List
  13. suefreeman

suefreeman Producer

Tried it, same error.
    Maybe he used licensed library or samples to make his instrument,
    so it is unusable for us, unless we have the real library installed and licensed

• List
  14. Smoove Grooves

I'm on macOS, so if/when my reception is better and I can download it, I'll still test it.
    And maybe bob is implying something here, I don't know.

15. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

the win version will never works, i checked all on it.
    but maybe a mac user can open it, and export it with hybrid working nki's. the other librairies from this dev are working on windows.
    but not this one. something is wrong in nki's and he never checked on a windows machine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. Jackson12

Jackson12 Newbie

yea thanks. please if somebody has mac-os open the nki files and save them as new nki files and send me

17. Smoove Grooves

Yay! Eventually got some solid public wifi on the road: downloaded.
    Now we'll see. Hopefully new .nki's on the way to you soon.

18. Talula

Talula Rock Star

archive didn't contain nicnt file.
    where did find it? maybe you can can share homepage link?

19. Talula

Talula Rock Star

OK, I'm understand...

nki files - are the part of Strings Of Anatolia by Ethnaudio.
    that's why it asking about registration.
    :rofl:

20. Smoove Grooves

Sierra, 5.6.0 for 6.2.1 didn't want to know. Tried others as well. Sorry @Jackson12.
    Ah! Well done @Talula! Haha. Naughty.
    Is there any workaround?

21. Talula

Talula Rock Star

install original Strings Of Anatolia library, then try to load this "handmade" nki... but I'm not sure...

• Winner Winner x 1
    • List