Error: Pro Tools QuickTime Server does not respond

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by Millenium, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Millenium

Millenium Producer

Hello all ,

Anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this ?

On OSX 10.10.5 , in Pro Tools ( v11.3.1) each time I load an instrument in Kontakt 5

an error message appears in the" Activity Monitor " with the following message :

" Pro Tools QuickTime Server does not respond "

Any assistance that you may provide in resolving this little glitch would be sincerely appreciated :winker:

PS: I have this message even by having deleted QuickTime that I never use :unsure:

1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  3. mapjay

mapjay Member

Best Answer
    after installing many previous versions of pro tools, like versions 8 and 9, there would be a message saying it was necessary to install QuickTime. Even if it was already installed... never understood that, myself. Pro Tools video feature uses (or did use) .mov, which is a QuickTime (Apple) format. so that's probably what's in reference to - meaning, maybe you don't have the exact version or most-up-to-date version required, of QuickTime installed?!? Just a thought. But the real question is, is this error message preventing you from anything? Because if you don't have Activity Monitor open, would the error message cause Kontakt to not work? i wouldn't think QuickTime would have anything to do with Kontakt being used as an instrument... just a thought "shrug"

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Millenium

Millenium Producer

Hello mapjay ,

You're absolutely right ,installing QuickTime Pro 7 resolve the problem :like:

Thank you very much :wink:

5. mapjay

mapjay Member