Error messages on loading 3rd party projects

Discussion in 'Live' started by DutchMusicMan, Jun 20, 2013.

1. DutchMusicMan

DutchMusicMan Newbie

Hi, I have a problem and I can't find the solution in the Ableton Manual or online.

When I open a 3rd party Ableton project, I often get the message: Failed to load the Audio Unit “Serum.”Audio Units are not available on your operation system.

These 3rd party Abletonprojects are made on an Apple computer with Audio Units and not VST's. I work on a Windows 7 PC with VST's, so when I open an Apple-made Ableton project, Ableton gives me a message it can't find the Audio Units. Which is logical ofcouse. But how do I redirect Ableton to load VST's instead of Audio Units?

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  3. Muzikal1

Muzikal1 Newbie

I also have run across this issue a few times to. Are you by chance using win8?,i"ve been testing it. I do notice some quirks here and there with win8,but am wondering if I need to refresh this install as I"ve been having various other issues sporadically.

4. DutchMusicMan

DutchMusicMan Newbie

No, I am using Windows 7 64bit. I also use Ableton Live 9 64bit version.

5. Juvera

Juvera Member

How much RAM you're using? And would be possible if you make a clean install of the problematics VST's? I had used Ableton Live 9 x64 with no problems at all, very nice loading, no problem with any VST.

6. suefreeman

suefreeman Producer

Since approx. 2 weeks, "AVG Anti-virus" crashes Ableton because it detects Sylenth1 as a potential treat.
    If you have AVG, test this it way :
    1- Open Ableton with a blank project
    2- Load Sylenth1 on a track
    ... Should crash now ...

Solution:
    deactivate AVG before running Live ... or use another anti-virus ...

7. DutchMusicMan

DutchMusicMan Newbie

Still have the same problem. Ableton helpdesk gave me an answer how to load a Windows-mad Ableton project on an Apple computer, but that wasn;t the question. It's the other way around that isn't possible.

8. Gnib

Gnib Producer

Windows werkt niet met Audio Units dus moet je de betreffende Serum preset(s) apart laden in het project. Of je kan vragen of je het MAC project gemaakt met VST`s kan krijgen. MAC ondersteund ook VST.

PS: this is in Dutch.