Error message : "No Library found"

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by m4xst4r, Apr 24, 2013.

1. m4xst4r

m4xst4r Newbie

Hello everyone ,

I need an urgent help and I would be very thankful if someone responded and helped me out .

I know this has been posted here , but believe me I`ve read everything and I got no soultion yet .

Anyway here is my problem :

I got 2 PCs :
    1 - PC#1 in "Work Place" ( 4G ram , Win7 64bit )
    2 - PC#2 in "Home" ( 6G ram , Win7 64bit )

I`ve installed ( Native.Instruments.Kontakt.5.v5.1.0.UNLOCKED.FIXED-R2R ) same version on each .

The Kontakt libraries I have and wanted to play them through :

- 8Dio - Hybrid Tools Vol. 2
    - Cinematic Strings - Cinematic Strings 2.1
    - Cinesamples Drums of War 2
    - Heavyocity Damage
    - Heavyocity Evolve Mutations 2
    - Native Instruments - Action Strings
    - Tonehammer Requiem Pro

Ok now see this confusion :

In PC#1 ( Work Place PC ) I can add the previous libraries and play all instrument with no problems and all ( .nicnt ) worked well with no errors .
    " BUT "
    In PC#2 ( Home PC ) I can`t add any library and once I add any I got ( No Library found ) error message, although I installed same Kontakt and tried to add same libraries with same ( .nicnt ) files .
    " Believe me the folders I`ve copied them to ( Home PC ) exactly with same files and same paths ."

In additional,
    I had asked someone here privately and he replied :
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Clean your registry here :
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Native Instruments \
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Native Instruments \
    And delete .Xml files and it should be working .
    Then install a fresh copy of ( Native.Instruments.Kontakt.5.v5.1.0.UNLOCKED.FIXED-R2R )
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I do that steps exactly but nothing happen , even I`ve tried to delete anything has a named ( Kontakt ) on registry or on ( My computer ) , and then installed a fresh copy , but it still gives me ( No Library found ) .

The question is :
    Why I am able to work on all libraires and add them on ( Work PC ) but I can`t do same on ( Home PC ) X_X
    Same Kontakt , Same libraries , Sames Operating system , but different reaction X_X
    Dose`t that makes you crazy guys ?

3. m4xst4r

m4xst4r Newbie

43 View , No reply , shall I give up ?

4. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ M4xst4r,

*no* Just wait a few ! *yes*

I have a little suggestion for you... BUT solely based on your own explanations, facts and conclusions, and as follows :

2 PCs with the same 'Windows' OS (Win 7 64bit) --> OK ! :thumbsup:

The exact same version and released by the same 'Team' --> OK ! :thumbsup:

As one of your computers, and above all, its OS doesn't seem to make your going in trouble, why you don't try to make a copy (copies) of all the references to 'Kontakt' Libraries that can be found within its own 'Registry', then to simply 'paste' all these entries according to their exact references, significance and locations to your second PC, which contains exactly the same OS, and that unfortunately can't handle all your 'Kontakt' Libraries at this time...

If one of your OS can handle and perfectly add 'Kontakt' Libraries, thus leaving some traces of them within its own 'Registry', there's absolutely no reason that within an identical OS, and this even within another computer, you can't to be able to also get these 'Kontakt' Libraries working exactly the same way... *yes*

Hope it help in some way... and Good Luck ! :wink:

5. floond

floond Platinum Record

I have no clue, but found the following (official?) fix. It's pretty much what you've done already, although they suggest deleting some additional registry strings in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Native Instruments\ [my underline]

6. m4xst4r

m4xst4r Newbie

@Studio 555

I have no idea what are you trying to say ,
    I just understand 1 thing :
    copy registry to my 2nd PC ( HOME PC ) ?
    If that what you have said then how could that be happen ? LOL

@Flooned

I have checked out my Registry and found nothing called ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Native Instruments\ )
    I mean the tree ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node ) has no ( Native Instruments ) folder

7. floond

floond Platinum Record

Ah, I guess the Wow6432 thingy is only for 64-bit versions of the NI plugins. I once managed to migrate my komplete8 installation from one pc to another without having to reinstall the library, by doing what Studio 555 suggests. On PC1 go into registry, and right-click on the relevant trees like HKEY_LOCAL_MASCHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\ and choose 'export'. Name the file something that makes sense. Move the file to PC2, double click and let it load the key into registry. Do this with all NI trees and you should now have the exact same registry settings for NI plugins on both PCs and hopefully two working Kontakts.

8. m4xst4r

m4xst4r Newbie

This is called ( Playing with registry ) which i consider it risky X_X.
    I don`t have same PC softwares in each PC , i was saying i have same Kontakt software only !.
    If i follow what you did , it will replace all of the PC1 registry with PC2 registry then all of my softwares on PC2 will stop working . !

9. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

If what the other members suggested doesn't work why don't you simply uninstall the application then backup your registry (in case something goes wrong) and do a search for the keyword Kontakt? Then simply remove all the relevant keys (left-hand pane) that you find and reinstall. This way you're assured that no junk from previous installations is screwing up your current install. :wink:

10. m4xst4r

m4xst4r Newbie

I swear to god i have do it , but still got ( No library found ) message

11. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ M4xst4r,

*no* Not exactly that !

What I want to mean is to JUST copy the 'Registry' Entries related to your 'Kontakt' Libraries that seems to work perfectly within your PC #1 (Workplace).

:excl: In anyway, DON'T COPY the whole 'Windows Registry' of your first PC to your second PC for the simple reason that they're both certainly not exact 'twins' !
    I mean, one of them has certainly different apps or programs installed that also rely on its own 'Windows Registry' data, and if you change the whole 'Registry', maybe these apps/programs run the risk to not work properly anymore ! :excl:

As an example :

Firstly, launch your 'Windows Registry' Editor : 'regedit.exe' (under 'XP Pro SP3' !)

[​IMG]

Locate the desired location(s) of your 'Kontakt' Libraries 'Registry' Entries (these that work within your PC #1). In my example, this 'Kontakt' Library is (Native Instruments) 'Evolve Mutations', then right-click with your mouse to get the scrolling menu. Here you can choose 'Export'.

[​IMG]

Now you must to specify the location where you want to save the desired 'Registry' Entries file(s) and its name(s) --> 'Export Registry File'.

[​IMG]

Now you do the opposite within your PC #2. Select first the right location (the correct 'Registry' Entry) to be changed, then select 'Import' for importing the needed 'Registry' Entry file.

[​IMG]

Select the right location where is placed the desired/needed 'Registry' Entry file to be imported, then 'Open', then follow the procedure --> OK.
    Now the specific 'Registry' Entry should be changed and ready to be saved within your new 'Windows Registry' configuration. You can 'Refresh' ('F5') your whole 'Windows Registry', and in some cases, it's even wise and better to reboot your PC for that all the changes be effective and properly done...

12. m4xst4r

m4xst4r Newbie

DUDE can you contact me LIVE on SKYPE or YAHOO or MSN >?

13. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

You're not supposed to replace the whole registry. You would just export the relevant Kontakt keys from your work system and then copy the files to your home computer where you would import them. Studio 555, as usual, gave a brilliant explanation complete with images and notes to guide you in the process. What more could anyone ask for? :dunno:

PS you can also double-click the registry files that you copied to your home computer in order to run them and in effect add them to the registry database. This way you don't have to go through the import process. Remember to make a registry backup on any systems that you are experimenting with. If something happens to the wrong key in the registry you can have a nightmare to deal with as opposed to not being able to add libraries.

14. m4xst4r

m4xst4r Newbie

@ Studio 555

I found so many entries with same library name . shall i export them all ? or just at ( LOCAL_MACHINE ) one ?

15. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Export the whole branch as indicated in the images provided. Branches are on the left-hand pane and you can think of them as folders for all of the values in the right-hand pane which are contained within.

16. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ M4xst4r,

I can easily understand that it may be a tedious task, but in my own opinion, it may be better that you make all these changes step-by-step... I know, rather boring, but in some sense, certainly the more safe, simply to avoid to make some mistakes within your 'Windows Registry'... *yes*

In fact, this process can be seen as when you want to simply copy some sub-folders that you have within a big folder. As you want, for example, only copy some of them, thus leave the others in that big folder, it seems logical that you only copy the needed ones and to not copy the big folder itself...

17. m4xst4r

m4xst4r Newbie

I just do that and exported all branches then imported them back into my HOME pc ( double clicking them ) then they has been imported to the exact place , but when i go open FL studio then load Kontakt 5 , nothing appears on Libraries , tried to load them still got ( No library found ) .

18. m4xst4r

m4xst4r Newbie

DUDE please MERCY X_X someone contact me LIVE , im suffering no sleep , i am here for 8 hours directly X_X

19. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

You're going to get the same advice live as people are giving you right now. We're trying to help you out but nobody is going to do the work for you. If that were the case then we really should be getting paid for all that effort. Especially considering the fact that you haven't even thanked anyone for the help that has already been afforded you. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but why should your problem become someone else's problem for 8 hours? That just doesn't seem fair to me. *no*

20. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Well put.... Nothing worse than someone SCREAMING for help... THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!... and can't even put forth a simple Thank you.

Would make my Grandfather turn over in his grave...

What is the world coming to?

*no*

21. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

People have lost all common decency these days. I remember when I first started posting I asked a question about Battery 3 because I was having some issues with getting it to recognize the factory library location on my computer. Interestingly, it was Studio 555 that came to the rescue like a freakin' superhero. In the end I still couldn't get it to work but each step of the way and with each suggestion he made I expressed just how appreciative I was that he was even taking time out of his day to see if he could lend a hand. I'm sure he has a million other things that he could have been doing instead of wasting time on me. I mean two seconds after someone asks a question or needs any sort of help he's posting up screenshots, notes and there's constant dialog about the topic at hand. How one can look at all that and still not say thank you is just beyond me. :dunno: