Entire track stolen!

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by RickyRoma, Dec 13, 2014.

1. RickyRoma

RickyRoma Newbie

I wanted to post this as a means of awareness to people "actually" producing music. Be aware when sending promos out with whatever label you release the song on. In this case, the promo was sent out and this was renamed, released and even credited by major artists. The original artist/producer was never informed or credited. Make sure you are protected (especially when it comes to EDM). A good way to do this is through www.Audiam.com , a service which finds any trace of your work online and keeps track of the where and when, even how many plays/views. Here is a link to the story and the original song for free download. This actually happened, and it can happen to you. It's called intellectual property theft.

http://www.dancerebels.com/2014/12/11/ripped-off-american-producer-jeremus-has-track-stolen/?utm_content=buffer0e803&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

3. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

Member---A.S.C.A.P------ I register my works these days. Even if I get no royalties, I have a little bit of legal standing. When so much money flies around, whether the entertainment business, politics, Wall St. ,etc.----There are weasels, circling sharks, and money grubbing scum.----------"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson