emulator x Is this legitimate?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cclcng, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Cclcng

Cclcng Ultrasonic

found on magussy and can't find elsewhere but also am remembering how amazingly awful a couple of the older versions of this was. IIRC it was one of the first VST synthesizers maybe ever? i forget.. but i'm into the concept of the instrument. some of the sounds are insane. but the gui freaks out constantly etc ppl must know of it fond.png

3. Havana

Havana Platinum Record

Why don't you download and test. That way you can answer your own question.:dunno:

4. Zoketula

Zoketula Guest

The only "freakout" I remember was that it wouldn't remember the location of the library folder and it had to be selected manually at every start. The R2R release works if I remember correctly, other previous releases by some other group had issues. There was something about that in the R2R nfo.
    The sampler itself is very topnotch imho and has many advanced features known from the hardware, but the patches are tiny in size compared to modern sampler libs for piano and keyboard sounds. I would probably still use it, if it had a scalable UI and a Mac release. Btw, the standalone works in Wine and there are plenty of libs ready to use on archive org.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2023
  5. dondada

dondada Rock Star

Its the only "real sampler" since it could actually sample:hahaha:

6. Zoketula

Zoketula Guest

That's true. Then modern so called "samplers" are actually more like ROMPLERS or rather RAMPLERS. :)

7. Cclcng

Cclcng Ultrasonic

I will, but the previous incarnations were bordering on unusable and I figured i might save some time and ask. But seeing as nobody really seems to have similar experiences with them I'll give it a punt. But also , another layer here is the magussy question... they often have releases by r2r and other groups that I do not see on the other trackers that i belong to (PAT AN etc .jsut makes me very judicious as i've had all of my everything nuked before .. oh well.. illl let you know then :)