Embertone Blakus Cello released today!!!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by phloopy, Nov 23, 2013.

1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Cello is one of our FAVORITE instruments in the orchestra. It has an unbelievably wide emotional range, from sinister and biting to sweet and lyrical. That's why we didn't mess around when we embarked on our cello sampling Odyssey.

We bring to you the EMBERTONE BLAKUS CELLO, a collaboration with the mighty Blake Robinson, Australian composer/cellist extraordanaire. We sought Blake out after he released the popular freebie "Pocket Blakus", and plunged straight into development. The result is a huuuuge set of samples: expressive sustains, visceral harsh attacks, pizzicatos, tremolos… along with a carefully prepared model for sul ponticello and con sordino with scripted legato. This cello will add an expressive edge to your music - and hopefully, add a bit of joy to your music-making life!

[​IMG]

True legato programming + true Portamento's + con Sordino + sul Ponticello + pizzicatos
    Custom, genius Kontakt scripting by Andreas Lemke
    40 NKI files
    5500+ recorded samples
    about 5 GB installed
    Fast download from Amazon S3 using CONTINUATA
    Sample resolution: 44.1 Khz / 16 or 24 bit stereo
    Kontakt 5 Player Compatible, 32/64-bit, MAC/PC compatible
    Runs as a stand-alone application, VST® or Audio Units plug-in, RTAS® under Pro Tools 7/8 . Minimum: Mac OS X® 10.4 / 10.5, G5 1.8 GHz or Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz, 1 GB RAM or Windows® XP (32 Bit) or Windows Vista® (32/64 Bit), Pentium® or Athlon XP 1.4 GHz, 1 GB RAM. 2 GB of RAM or more is highly recommended!

3. Dazeon

Dazeon Ultrasonic

Price:

16-bit = $120

24-bit = $125

4. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

This is going to be fantastic. I have PocketBlakus and it kicks ass. Just hope the release groups from "the other side" let the developers breath a little and give them a break before freeing this product from the shackles of commerce.

5. ghostinthemachine

ghostinthemachine Newbie

I know this is gonna be great because PocketBlakus is already pretty damn good. Also glad Blake is getting the attention he deserves. :hug:

6. miklan

miklan Noisemaker

Ealier in the month, I've bought it, and my goodness, the sound is amazing.
    Even though I had a mixed feeling at the beginning (because of legato speed), but after hours and hours testing it, and I'm now not disappointed at all.
    Great sound, Tweakable Legato portamento (speed ), Vibrato speed & Intensity, and so on.... The Best Solo cello on the market (IMHO)
    But 1 negative point: 3.3 GB load in ram, that's HUGE if you don't have a "fat" configuration (or in kontakt, reload samples with DFD option instead of sampler, then it will be 1.79GB)

but WHAT A PLEASURE........... TESTED & APPROVED