Email Funnels, Click Funnels, Sales Funnels, Marketing for my music

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by TruBlood, Feb 28, 2017.

1. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

I have a bunch of people on my email list who want to have updates and when I release my new sample packs. I've looked around the internet for these types of email funnel services to help get sales but they are insanely priced. Like 500 a month for only 3-5k subscribers. Are there any marketing guys that know which software to use so it's free or cost effective? I use send grid and my smtp client.

3. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

There are pro agents on linkedin who can basically expose your music to alot of people and they arent expensive, but you have to have somewhat good production.
    Your own music video, web page, fb page have to be set up before you start doing this kind of business.

4. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

I appreciate your advice but I do not trust those people.

5. zandretta

zandretta Member

Id probably say look into mailer light for starters,everything's reasonably priced there.....landing pages etc,ideal for maximizing your email list.....

6. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

I'll check into this!

7. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

Is there an email responder with mailer lite?

** Yes it does.. Very cool, thank you. !

8. zandretta

zandretta Member

Secondly,and this is crafty ass kungfu but will increase your turn over 100 percent usually......first thing,upload your music to audiokite.....get genre and info as to what the material sounds like,then cruise onto radioplay live,spend the 10$ bones and use the info you collected for bands ya sound like etc.......from this point get the material played,once people start leaving you there email addresses,funnel them them to a free tune for joining your email address(just be personal on the invite....)......asiode from youtube and facebook ads,this is the only other way to keep a consistant flow of peeps going........from that point use bonding emails around 5 to get people to connect to you.....example,personal thing or story related,second email pictures from studio,third email related topic about someone else....finally do the soft sell(dont say"eh come buy my stuff).....just subtly utilize some urgency for a limited time we have this up,go check it out......and your on your way.....rinse and repeat.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

why not use soundcloud for this? is there really no service that can provide this simple feature?

10. zandretta

zandretta Member

sound clouds limited,and the tracking is more robust through mailer lite......plus the squeeze page functions and automation.

11. zandretta

zandretta Member

keep in mind,you wanna get people off of soundcloud and onto your mailing list......thats where all the key realestate is for building a music career.

12. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

okay. bu do you actually have 3k subscribers? because if you don't, i'm sure you could do some kind of mass messaging simply using your gmail.

if you're going to send mass messages from your computer, you'll probably get blocked by your ISP and your messages most definitely will land in your subscribers spam folder :sad:

try this topic.

13. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

wow man you know what your talking about! let me digest this and get back to you. I signed up for get response and am learning it.

14. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Yes, that was the way to go in 2014.

On topic: I think you have it backwards. The key to successfull marketing is to have a great product. That is what comes first. You don't need a funnel to lure people into subscribing to your list - you have to produce content that is so awesome people want to find out more and stay in contact with you. No click for download, no like for download...
    You want to reach real people like you and me, and neither you nor me likes to be tricked into subscribing to anything. You have to create genuine interest and forcing people into something will only drive them away.
    It's 2017 and if you're not Madonna you don't have a track that's worth going through the hazzle to subscribe to your list just to be able to download it.
    People listen to music on spotify or apple music and if they want to find out more they search for you and then they subscribe.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

Its a race to the top.

16. arhythmtech

arhythmtech Member

Mailchimp

17. zandretta

zandretta Member

Mails chimps pricier and you dont get the option of the squeeze stuff etc......its good,just not ideal for people starting out.

18. zandretta

zandretta Member

Im not going to argue on format as i know people can take text out of context but ill give you an objective opinion.

Marketing and content are two different things:
    Its understanding the mediums and executing them in a manner that you can track,tweak and utilize consistently......
    I never do like for download,that's a useless format that's a one off......Im offering a tune for a connection,huge difference,and the contents high end enough i do good on it......conversion rates crazy......by your method,and its a popular misconception,that people will try to find ya........sorry man,that's not going to be any kind of sustainable format economically for any band.

and with my above mentioned way,you can track the tits off the results and tweak as ya go.....

what im saying is you make the offer,and cut out the middle man that your method rides on.......
    if your relying on spotify etc your going to get disillusioned fast(and trust me in hitting the 350 thousand mark on allot of the streaming services in total,and the least likely one you will do well on is spotify.)
    with that being said,yes make sure your on the sites.

You are correct on the product etc,that part you have right.
    thats also why i suggest audiokite to artists,as allot of people think their stuff is good when allot of times it blows goats.

get the feedback and take info and grow with it.

if you know who you soundlike etc,thats half the battle in the building phase.
    if your looking for people to search for ya and work for it,your making people work way to freaking hard-man....lol....trust me,that don't work at all.
    if its not out infront of people.....and made aware that they can connect with ya,get free tune.....other helpful stuff,your might as well stick with mcdonalds,cause people are very very lazy in general most of the time.

that's the illusion most people have with these services......my great stuff will get people interested.....lol,problem is you and 12 million other bozo-ilinskys have the same concept.
    My suggestion is dont follow the bozo-ilynskys......lol......

thats also sort of a lazy given,yes you can do this.....yes people will look for ya.....but not as many as many as with doing things like this.

couple of simple rules i follow:
    eliminate the middle man much as possible.
    offer and go above my content to help folk out.
    keep the offers and material to maybe around 10% on sales end.
    and enjoy myself.......

keep in mind what does work for me,may not work for ya.............

(by the way,make sure all your music rights stuff is in place,a lesson i learned off my first run on places like mp3.com.we lost out on about 30 grand in royalty's because of the only one set of songwriter royalty's coming in........that sucked)

I had friends that thought they had a great product,had the dude from marilyn manson and ozzy engineer the stuff etc......10 grand later,they did a g note on it and tanked getting it out.
    and they sound as good as godsmack etc.....so it wasn't the songs,and it wasn't the product.

thing is man,when you mention product your dealing with branding,image,sound look delivery,connection exposure,the list is pretty large.
    chunk it down to simplicity.
    pick three mediums.
    mine are facebook
    radio play live
    twitter

make sure everything you do you can track,because if you cannot track it,its not worth doing especially if its costing you money.
    make sure everything you use gives you the ability to get people to your personal email list.
    as we have all seen what happened to myspace......she went tits up faster then a nun on the titanic!

make sure the connection and functions are automatible

and this is a hands on approach no theoretical crap that doesn't work.
    im strictly hands on and do smokingly well like that......

Ps mailer lite used in this format you can also do this without a website......little tougher but yup its doable.

19. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

What else can you teach me about getting/finding subscribers?

20. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

To continue with more answers you have to subscribe in his mailing list first :trolls::rofl:
    Only kidding, interesting read

21. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

lmao lol Yeah a lot of us have good music to share the only difference is our REACH, which I am trying to get under control.