Eliminate Background Noise From Dry Voice Recording

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Thankful, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

As per title I occasionally have to record dry voice-overs and the CPU fan gets very loud. I am going to search for a quieter CPU fan, but in the meantime what are the best plugins to eliminate background please?

3. R4pToR

R4pToR Ultrasonic

As for the software - iZotope RX 5 Advanced (plugin and standalone.)

As for the fans - Noctua.

4. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

waves ns-1, after everything I tried. this is the most transparant noise killer,
    it has one knob, but it has a great sweetspot which I could not manage to create with multiple gates
    in other software,

you could also mess arround with noise profile plugins but this kills workflow,
    I used to use edison for that.

5. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

The later waves stuff is good, maybe the Acon Restoration stuff is a little better?

6. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Among all the good means to do this, I myself default to Adobe Audition for doing this. Its noise-removal effect is really easy, efficient and thorough, and doesn't cause that "chirping" artefact.

7. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

Thanks for the responses and advice. I tried the iZotope RX5 and it looked complicated to use, and tried it after watching some tuts but it still didn't get rid of the noise.

But the good news is that my local pc guy fitted a new silent fan onto the CPU today and the noise is not happening now! I'm delighted. Good to know about the plugins though.

8. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

3rd house on the left.The one with the lemon trees
    For the best results change the room of your pc.(but i think if you could , you would have done that before opening this thread).If you can't move it, then on Izotope it's pretty simple.You just select an area containing only the noise and then you process the denoiser.