elicenser control center deactivated

Discussion in 'DAW' started by burgvogt, May 14, 2020.

1. burgvogt

burgvogt Kapellmeister

After a musician:trolls: illegally tried to install an illegal copy of cubase elements with a fake elicenser on my computer while I had left the studio for an hour or so ( I own a legit copy of cubase elements 10.5 so my valid usb elicenser was attached to the computer) my elicenser control center is permanently deactivated. Tons of licenses appear. All demos with expiration dates 2099. Uninstalling has no effect whatsoever, which means I cannot use my legit cubase elements anymore. The usb dongle also has no more license on it. I contacted steinberg support, but it will probably take ages for an answer to arrive. Has someone an idea how I can undo this? I need my cubase to finish a couple of jingles before deadline. So it is really urgent :deep_facepalm:

3. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

:deep_facepalm: Strange story indeed!! If I were you I´d let that musician pay the bill and ask him to contact his psychologist.

Dont invite morons into your studio and leave <--- my best advise :no:

4. burgvogt

burgvogt Kapellmeister

took me almost all day, but I found the culprit file that had stored all the fake VSTis thanks to a clue from another post on this forum.deleted it, installed elicenser control center again - worked :winker:
    As soon as you install eLicenser again, run the command line as administrator and enter the key: "C:\Program Files (x86)\eLicenser\POS\SYNSOPOS.exe" /regsel

A Sel file will appear in the Program Data / Syncrosoft / folder - this is a clean license. You can immediately carry out service at eLicenser.

For me it created a fresh software license file inside elicenser.
    The moron has been sacked :like:

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. gilad barabi

gilad barabi Newbie

Hi! I'm having the exact same problem, would you mind sharing the culprit file? Thank you so much!