eLicenser AntiTrial Beta-5 user account issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by matrx10503, Apr 19, 2019.

1. matrx10503

matrx10503 Newbie

Ok so basically i'm having permissions/privileges issues. Or something of the sort.
    So I spent the latter of all yesterday trying to get Cubase EL 10.0.10 working.
    Fast forward to the end of the headache (not really the teamVR fault, but "hindsight is 20/20")
    I restarted in SAFE MODE. Ran the antitrial, started Cubase profit. So that gave me hope.
    I restarted the computer and it booted automatically into the ADMIN account, at first I kept rebooting and it kept going into ADMIN account. But I stopped for a second and thought, hmm, maybe i'll see if Cubase works. Profit!
    So I switched to my USER account which has admin level privileges. Try to start Cubase, says no license.
    Start of ELC and shows no licenses. Disable antitrial, licenses show trial license with 30 day expire date and all the other licenses added by the antitrial show 2040 expire dates.
    I switched back into ADMIN, re-enable antitrial with switch. Open ELC, shows 2040 expire date as it should (obviously since Cubase loads without any 30 day message).

So my issue is everything works as it should from installation to apply antitrial to recording a full song (have not tried all features, but it did what I needed and i'm adjusting to the workflow from PT).

When I run the antitrial step in the installation on my main USER account it always errors out saying no elicenser found. Only options are cancel and retry. If I use the antitrial switch, the installer will finish. But when it restarts if antitrial is enabled, no licenses show. If antitrial is disable, trial license 30 day expire date+all installer added licenses with 2040 expiration dates.

So I tried to think what is antitrial doing. So I watched my processes in task manager.
    When you run ELC, SYNSOPOS.exe runs to connect to the license server (pos=protected object service)
    When antitrial is enabled ELC runs with SYNS0POS.exe (Notice SYNS"0"POS.exe)

That is as far as i've gotten.
    I will note I had issues a while back where I guess my user account got corrupted and I could not even disable the firewall. But had admin privileges. So user account i'm on now is a new migrated account I created then.

Any thoughts. At this point i'm limited to switching to admin account to work on the song project I started.