Eleven Rack and Steinberg UR824

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by diego_barajas, Apr 12, 2012.

1. diego_barajas

diego_barajas Newbie

OK i did an earlier post about Audio Interfaces and a lot of people helped me out and pointed me at the right direction
    my mind is set though and i have two choices only ...

The Eleven Rack or The Steinberg UR824

As i said in my earlier post i would mostly use the audio interface for guitar recording

and i have a question for the Eleven Rack which is , can you use Guitar Rig and Amplitude on the Eleven Rack ?

and which from this two audio interfaces is more powerful in terms of sound quality/depth ?

I am running in Windows 7 by 64 bit can it be compatible with Eleven Rack ?
    i heard it wasnt compatible with windows vista in 64bit ....

also any extra info on this two babies would be greatly appreciated

thanks ! :mates:

oh yea my type of music genre is Industrial/Metal/Chill/Ambiental ( if that helps out ..)

Links

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UR824?utm_source=none&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=none&gclid=CJb6r7LEq68CFQRgTAodPRvOmA

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ElevenRack

3. nadirtozenith

nadirtozenith Rock Star

navigating between nadir zenith vectoring upwards
    hey there,

for compatibility issues, check the digidesign site, they have very helpful information about the potential issues. *yes*

from the site, you can download the user manual too, throw out the usual hype, then you have all the information you needed. *yes*

for the genres you have mentioned, i would surely choose the eleven rack, even if would want to use it in combination with other software amplifier, cabinet, etc. emulations, as the rack gives you its countless (very good, indeed) preamplifier presets. *yes*

also, always record one track with your dry signal (use rack as your support in compression, timbre, etc.), then later you can play around with it as you like. *yes*

i am not sure if your mainly guitar recordings need very detailed depth etc. you mentioned, but rack is as transparent, neutral, etc. as it needs to be. *yes*

hope this helps, keep up the good work (do not hesitate much)... :bow:

4. HebrewInTheRain

HebrewInTheRain Noisemaker

I've worked with both of these. Btw they are both not the best... Guitar rig will work on the 11, but I was only able to set it up when ableton was the DAW. If you have the rtas it will prolly work in pro tools.
    I'm a dubstep producer and I'm running same as you, WIN 7 64 bit. The 11 rack is compatible, just use it like its a 32bit. The UR824 is prolly not the best, the 11 will do more sound/quality wise. Uh if I were you and were not
    restricted by money, #1 check all the options for interface/preamp and stuff before only choosing between 2. #2 I would check out the Universal Audio Apollo. I have the Apollo and when I record from the bass guitar its quality is Flawless. Also with the regular guitar the quality is massive. If you can't afford it then choose 11 rack :/ but like I said the Apollo is pretty sick bra!

5. diego_barajas

diego_barajas Newbie

I have come to test Universal Audio Apollo DUO ( i think thats whats its called ) in my friends studio and god damn it does deliver a crisp sound but its not the money thats pulling me away its the fact that it only handles firewire,and my computer doesnt support firewire so i have to keep it in the USB range; however, i am earning my money till june or july and so maybe something more awesome than the eleven rack can come up by then but i doubt it ... :dunno:

Thats why i put up i had two choices to choose
    I researched alot ( i think ) and i found no Audio Interfaces USB that was at the level of the Universal Audio Apollo
    but i found the eleven rack and well thats i am eyeing right now ... i hope something better comes out though ..

I still don't understand the compatibility issue i mean they say it does run on windows 7 64bit but that i have to run it in 32 bit i dont know how that works but will that make an issue on my computer ? will it still run smoothly ? i am just worried about this :(

6. HebrewInTheRain

HebrewInTheRain Noisemaker

Dang man forgot about the firewire... well... i guess you do have to wait, buts its all up to you!

7. CoffinSupply

CoffinSupply Newbie

I like jamvox if you're strictly using guitar

8. GangamStyle

GangamStyle Ultrasonic

Or you could save a little more money, and make it solely for the guitar and go beast mode!
    Fractal Audio Axe Fx II

Which just by happenstance is also an audio interface that has a usb connection.

"The Axe-Fx II has a host of USB connectivity features. Connected to your Mac or PC, it becomes a 2x4 Audio Interface with 1x1 high speed MIDI. This allows you to record the main processed outputs and simultaneously capture a "dry" track for re-amping later. You can also monitor or process computer audio tracks with the Axe-Fx II."

And it sounds soooo much better than the eleven... (last amp you will ever need/use imho)

Check out some youtube vids of presets to get a taste of what it can do.

9. Guillermo Navarrete

Guillermo Navarrete Kapellmeister

Hello The_Infekt,

The UR824 is fully supported on 64 bit operating systems and it is rock solid on windows 7 64 bit.
    http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads_hardware/downloads_ur824.html

And with the last firmware update we have added:

Four new „Guitar Amp Classics“ plug-ins as DSP insert effect, allowing latency-free monitoring with guitar amp effect.
    Loopback funktion
    Class Compliant mode for using the UR824 with an iPad

It also includes a Basic FX Suite VST 3 plug-in bundle, consisting of three software components: Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip, REV-X and Guitar Amp Classics.

You should check the following link for some audio demos:
    http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/audio_interfaces/ur_series/ur_firmware_updates.html

If you have any further questions about the UR824 or any other Steinberg Interface, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    GN