Electronic Music - Best Album of 2013

Discussion in 'Music' started by dr.evil, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I don't do best album threads because I listen to too much amazing music to even choose a best in a genre much less between all of the releases in a year across all genres. I can tell you one thing: I got the toys in my knapsack. :grooves: :boombox: :break:

I agree with SineWave about Weapon being good, the album manages to achieve an old-school Industrial feel while still being relevant even after all these years of Puppy. I mean these were the guys that were instrumental in the evolution of the genre. I've been listening to that one for quite a while now, even sent Rolma and Frito a track a piece from it during a conversation. Still wouldn't call it the best though, too much good shit coming out for those that stray off the beaten mainstream path and don't expect to be spoon-fed music. I don't even have as much time to search and download as I used to but I still managed to find many hidden gems. I'll post some stuff up really soon if there is interest but it's annoying when people can't even hit a thanks button when it takes a lot of time to arrange something like our Transmissions Series. Me and a few other members put a lot into it and I personally included artwork, lyrics, quotes, etc. which took an insane amount of work. If my real-world friends would know that people wouldn't even hit a thanks button they'd lose it because people literally BEG me for a mix CD. I mean the 3 threads combined there were almost 10,000 views (9,759 exactly)...how many thanks? Fucking ridiculous!

2. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

The Flaming Lips - The Terror

It is by far their best album. Melts the mind. Music that makes you FEEL something, whether emotional or physical or spiritual, is a true wonder of the world. To imagine that a noise could make you FEEL something is two different senses, if that. In my opinion this album stood above everything and anything i heard this year. My musical range is vast.

Second would be

Washed Out - Paracosm

I like to relax, anything with negative emotions to it i tend to avoid. Keeps the mind happy.

Third would be a tie

Captain Murphy - Duality (full mixed release)
    Deadmau5 - 7 EP (NOT EDM)
    Born Ruffians - Birthmarks

Check'em out.

Most Anticipated Upcoming Releases

Fleet Foxes
    Warm Ghost
    Trophy Scars

If you dont know them, check them. amazing stories and work. Trophy scars tell a story with albums like Anna Lucia. Same with Fleet Foxes. Warm Ghost is just an analog dream sequence.

Satisfy the Mind

3. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

so lets start them *yes*

i actually have an idea of my own... will try to create a topic for it soon :wink:

4. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

Poiting out a "Best Album" is a rather ridiculous task, as there are so many different genres and so much good music, especially beyond the mainstream.

Even if everyone points out 50 best albums, it would be still just a list of peoples' musical taste with not much relevance.

But we could compile a list of albums we were influenced by in 2013. :wink:

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

There's a whole section of music.