Electrode & Astrio - Octanis [Eklypse Remix]

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Eklypse, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Eklypse

Eklypse Newbie

Remix for a competition, let me know what you think ^ http://soundcloud.com/eklypse-1/electrode-astrio-octanis

3. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

:D

SO SIICKK!!!

Sooo Dooope

Fucking sickkk!!!!!

I hate that Electrode, spammy wanker. I had to mute him because the above comments were all I saw everyday on my dashboard. Ill listen tomorrow for you mate and give you non-Electrode feedback then :wink:

Its late here so cant listen at an appropriate volume.

4. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

0:14 nice little fill

The extra percussion,white noise and reverb are great little touches.

Love the almost sterile sounding bass.

Is it Katy Perry vocals?

2:02 doesnt quite fit in my opinion.

Excluding 2:27 which is a great lead-in with the bass, you should make a bigger deal with the transitions into each section.

5:09 the fx'd vocal of this with the bass and driving drums (not stop start like the outro) would make a great chorus or post chorus.

Overall the arrangement is a bit iffy. The whole track isnt very "defined". It changes too much without really shifting up into the next gear. You have all you need to make a great track but they aren't laid out the best in my opinion. You could probably cut almost a minute off it in track length. Export the different elements as loops and open a new project, move things around and switch up the arrangement to see what works.