Electro Suite - The amazing Spiderman 2

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Bunty_19, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Bunty_19

Bunty_19 Member

Guys, I searched the forum for this question, hence asking here.
    How to make that electro dubstep synth sound in this track? Experts please advise.

3. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Which track? Can you post a link so we can have a listen?

4. Bunty_19

Bunty_19 Member

after 1m.30s the epic synth & the downer at 1m.54s

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Tyler Fingerle

Tyler Fingerle Member

I might actually have a sample of that or something similar. If not, I might be able to make something like it. The drop in pitch is just simply a pitch bend (probably 12 semitones or an octave), and they used a lowpass filter in the beginning (not cutting off all the highs, it has a steep slope like 12 or 6), and most people would probably say he used distortion to get that grungy sound, but my guess is that he probably used a 2nd synth (or oscillator), pitched it up an octave or two above the first and ran it through the first synth using either frequency modulation or amplitude modulation. It would take a little bit of automation, but it'd be pretty easy. To get that tremolo effect, i'd just automate an LFO to the same lowpass filter's cutoff (unsynced to the DAW/Hertz mode), and then run a second LFO to that LFO's rate (and have it synced to the DAW with a + to - saw wave) so that as the pitch goes down, the rate that the filter will cut away from the sound will go from fast to slow, I'd probably automate the WET/DRY on the low pass as well, to have less as the downer effect progresses. I'd probably filter out the low end, and re-do it (just because you don't want too much distortion in the subsonic range, and you've probably created a lot of DC offset with the modulation). I'd take the remaining highend and run it through some distortion, add some ambient, like some white or bright noise. I'd experiment with different effects and then I'd compress it a bit. There's a bunch of different ways to get sounds similar to this. I'm sure I could even make this just using some ring modulation, and distortion. I'm not entirely sure how this site works, but you can PM me if you or anyone wants to talk more about it. I have a lot of different VSTs as well, and I'm sure I could make you a preset. If I don't respond quickly it's because I'm preparing for a show right now for the 16th (less than a week haha)

6. Tyler Fingerle

Tyler Fingerle Member

I don't think you can PM so I put my email on my profile

7. Bunty_19

Bunty_19 Member

Thanks Tyler for piece of info. Shall pm you for more details.