El-P Samples Beethoven

Discussion in 'Music' started by black.afrika.zulu.x, Dec 11, 2017.

1. electriclash

electriclash Guest

you can score one for $400+/-; probably worth exploring but be aware there is a curve and need for physical media like floppys for the startup OS and saving samples (although you can get a scsi drive and format that instead). If you're thinking about it, see if you can find one with scsi option already setup. Are you using mpc/maschine/any variation of a trigger pad controller?

2. black.afrika.zulu.x

black.afrika.zulu.x Platinum Record

Laptop and headphones ONLY.

So far... this is all I've been able to achieve (looking to grow now):

I.

II.

(The volume is a bit low on this one...)

Would a MIDI controller make a difference, you think?

3. electriclash

electriclash Guest

well those sound awesome man (I prefer II.) and I wouldn't want to fuk with your flow buttt.. yeah, I think you'd have a great time introducing a trigger system into your ecosystem- like an akai mpd32 or novation - you can get these for under $100 (and surely there are a number of heads on this board who can tell you 'the best' stuff to get), but hitting a pad to trigger a hit or loop is a lot of fun and will certainly evolve your process :)

4. black.afrika.zulu.x

That Novation LaunchKey Mini looks gooooood! I've got all these Arturia Analog VSTs that I need to compose some stuff on...and sometimes it's a pain having to draw chord progressions rather than just slap some keys.

5. electriclash

electriclash Guest

make it an early xmas present for yourself :wink: :keys: :wink:

6. black.afrika.zulu.x

But from what you've heard (above) what improvements would the Novation LaunchKey Mini make to my stuff? Where exactly would it help?

7. black.afrika.zulu.x

But from what you've heard (above) what improvements would the Novation LaunchKey Mini make to my stuff? Where exactly would it help?

8. electriclash

electriclash Guest

I tend to not read into things quite so much- if the idea of triggering a sound or sample on the fly sounds fun you should go for it. What is that thing? $60? Take the chance