El Capitan - list of plugins that doesn't works and solutions

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by anvier, Oct 4, 2015.

1. anvier

anvier Ultrasonic

Hey guys, i open this thread for the community, please report the issues and the solutions with audio plugins.

3. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

My broad conclusion:

A lot of stuff didn't validate in Logic X. The DAW worked smooth, however. Izotope Ozone 6 and NI stuff didn't validate in Logic. But Ozone 5 worked.

If you use Ableton Live 9 (I'm using 64-bit version), then pretty much everything works. My NI stuff, ReFX, Tone2, Waves, Xfer, DMG Audio, D12, Flux, Reveal Sound, Synthmaster, 32 Lives, Izotope, PSP. These are the plugs I've tried and worked without error.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  4. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

AUs doesn't work atm:
    - Native Instruments Plugs
    - Arturia Plugs
    - MOTU Mach Five, MOTU BPM
    - UVI Player
    - Illformed Glitch 2

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. mag666

mag666 Kapellmeister

• List
  6. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

This is what fixed just about all the issue for me after I went in to CMD R (recovery partition) and disabled SIP (google it if needed). These fixes assumes you have access to the Yosemite files of the same names that were backed up prior to installing El Capitan. Keep in mind Time Machine does NOT back up files in the Cache folder unfortunately. Didn't even need to rescan in most cases.

AUDIO UNITS FIX FOR EL CAPITAIN 10.11

Restore from backups (backup originals if needed)

copy backed up libxml2.2dylib to usr/lib

Also paste the backed up one in: usr/local

Copy the k’ed file libstdc++.6.0.9.dylib to usr/lib

Copy the 2 backed up files Auval and auvaltool from backup to usr/bin

Copy the backed up AudioUnitCache folder (and file for LP9) to yourusername/library/caches
    (for Logic 9 it is the yourusername/library/caches com.apple.audiounits.cache file not inside of a folder)

Copy the backed up file com.apple.Components2.localCache.AudioComponents to HD/Library/caches

Now all my Yosemite working stuff works in Logic 9 and Logic X. You may have to run the Force AU Validation Utility if needed.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

The latest beta of 10.11.1 (beta 3) has fixed the wonky auvaltool and plugs will now validate in LPX and any stubborn ones can be forced in via the au force validation app.

8. recycle

recycle Guest

I'm reading of all sort of problems with this upgrade, so my question is: Why should I switch to el capitan?

9. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Bro, you don't have to. I've had virtually no issues. That's because I run Ableton Live as my main DAW and everything worked. If you use Logic, then follow the previous instructions or stay at Yosemite. "All sorts of problems" is a slight stretch.

10. returnal

returnal Rock Star

I'm running 10.11.1 with LPX 10.2 and everything validates here: Soundtoys and Softube, DRMS (had to re-download and install the PACE crap for this latter one even though it's only challenge/response), etc. all of them through 32 Lives . . . Also all my NI stuff, DMG, iZotope, etc., working fine (though I don't even use the latter two).

Whatever issues once existed seem to have been ironed out, and for the stubborn cases there's the auvaltool switch (all over the web) and the OSXValidateAllAU utility. Took me about 5 minutes to get everything up and running.

Though I should make it clear that most of the above I've purchased and I'm not running anything with the K'd libstdc++.6.0.9.dylib method.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Well, I ll give a deep thought to the option of switching operating system. It is something that can wait till holidays, just in case.

Any problems with U-he stuff (Diva specifically)? for Logic....

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2015
  12. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

Permanent fix for El CRAPitan:
    Revert for the old OSX :wink:

13. returnal

returnal Rock Star

I hear ya . . . I haven't actually felt like I was updating because I really wanted to since . . . Tiger? But a couple of times I have tried to hold on to an operating system, letting new OS's pass me by untouched, but eventually it bit me in the butt when the world started to move on without me, and I couldn't do things I wanted to like upgrade to a new DAW, or update to the newest version of my fave plug-ins, or start using 64-bit plug-ins . . . And then, by the time I did decide I had to upgrade my OS to whatever the current OS was, it was a big deal because I was essentially skipping numerous OS versions to get there. So now my game plan is to always keep current but only after a new OS has released its first major update that deals with compatibility issues, and I have scoured the net and made a good list of all potential issues and fixes I will need. Then I do a full backup of my current system, before performing the update. For the most part this approach has been better for me over the last couple of years than trying to hold on to an old fave OS, and when it isn't I just revert to my previous OS that I have backed up, and wait a little while longer for the new OS kinks to get ironed out before trying again.

I don't think there's a right answer here, it's just a question of which approach you would rather take. But I do believe is that an in-between approach is silly. Either have a system that you're perfectly happy with as it is and stick with it happily untouched until the end of time (Kook?), or keep up-to-date very cautiously. I was for a while trying to do something inbetween, but that doesn't work . . . at least not for me.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  14. Rolma

Rolma Guest

@ returnal,That makes a lot of sense!

Since Im in yosemite, no a huge fan of it, I feel that I have some homework to do, because I haven't literally read anything about el Capitan and I dont want to lose let's say the color coding of my directory system,or the familiar sense of navigating as I do .But this thread encorages me to place the update in the beginning of my todo list.

15. KingSchlongXVII

KingSchlongXVII Member

Has anyone upgraded from Mavericks 10.9.5 to El Capitan with cracked plugs and OpenSSH K'd libstdc++.6.0.9.dylib? Skipping Yosemite completely I mean.

If so, what was the outcome? Just curious to see if it's really worth the potential gain/loss in performance/plugs. Thanks in advance!

16. Snill

Snill Kapellmeister

I did moved from Mavericks directly to El Capitan. You will loose Pro Tools 10 HD, not working in EL Capitan or Yosemite (you can instal PT10 but you need to modify version). Some of the OpenSSH will not work just few, but in general I think you will not notice.

17. KingSchlongXVII

KingSchlongXVII Member

Thanks for that Snill, I appreciate that. I only use Logic Pro X so it's no problem about PT10. I was mostly curious about what you actually lost or gained in terms of performance power with El Capitan's OS, either in a regular work environment or in an A/V or DAW working situation. Did you notice any improvements or disappointments after the upgrade? I hear good things about El Capitan but Yosemite always put me off upgrading.

18. tuor

tuor Newbie

19. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

maybe i am just lucky, but even since the early beta days of el capitan, every single one of my pointlessly large plugin collection has worked 100%. even those UVI/Native Instruments ones that didn't validate in Logic actually always worked.
    I have never got why el capitan got so much hate.
    (sausage fattener 64 bit works absolutely fine)

20. freakymofo

freakymofo Ultrasonic

I've got cracked versions of a lot of Arturia plugs, Jupiter, Prophet. And I can see that there are newer version updates on the arturia website, Is it safe for me to update them ready for El Capitan, or will that just un-crack them all? Thinking of updating to El Capitan now..

21. Boujwa

Boujwa Ultrasonic

why don't you keep using Yosemite instead of using El crap pitan?