EHX - Big Muff PI Hardware Plugin ... 09.09.2022

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by RADAR, Sep 9, 2022.

1. RADAR

RADAR Platinum Record

True analog distortion plugged directly into your digital audio workstation!

The Big Muff Pi® Hardware Plugin® is a new type of product that transcends the limitations of traditional DAW plugins to bring the unique qualities of analog sound to digital recording.
    Analog hardware has a magical warmth that is beloved for its sound and feel. That was the genesis behind this product. Take the world’s most beloved harmonic distortion / sustainer and transform it into a plugin.
    It works like a standard DAW plugin, but recorded tracks go through the actual analog circuitry of EHX’s Big Muff Pi, injecting analog warmth into your session. Of course, it integrates seamlessly with all the most popular DAWs like Pro Tools®, Ableton Live®, Cubase®, GarageBand®, Logic Pro X®, Reaper® and more.
    Simply connect the Big Muff to your DAW by USB, select a track, and open the plug-in window. Instead of software emulation, you have real clipping diodes, overdriving transistors, and nature itself coloring your sound. The analog circuit is pushed over the edge and loses control. The sound you hear is the natural warmth of electromagnetic chaos.
    The new Big Muff Pi Hardware Plugin can even function as a 2-in/2-out USB audio recording interface, which enables the user to record with or without the Big Muff effect engaged.

price: $328.90
    More Info @:
    https://www.ehx.com/products/big-muff-pi-hardware-plugin/#more

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  3. clone

clone Audiosexual

for couple hundred more you could get a sovtek....

4. Tob

Tob Platinum Record

interesting but quite expensive. No thanks I keep my old 75 bucks cheap analog big muff and print it through the interface I already have.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

a pedal plugin for this price???

i mean i wanna travel the stars too...:dunno:

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Best Answer
    No, it's the hardware including the plugin. Since they are communicating with each other, they called it hardware-plugin.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

Aren't fuzz pedals supposed to directly have the guitar plugged in or at least be in a chain with no buffering pedal inserted before it hits the fuzz?

8. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Yes, that's probably why it's working exactly this way (guitar -> Big Muff hardware -> DAW). :winker:

9. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

wait, it's an audio interface ?

10. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

The Big Muff Pi Hardware Plugin can also be used as a stand-alone pedal.
    The new Big Muff Pi Hardware Plugin can function as a 2-in/2-out USB audio recording
    interface which enables the user to record with or without the Big Muff effect engaged.

It is powered via its USB 2.0 Type B port or the supplied EHX 9 Volt power supply.

www.kvraudio.com/news/electro-harmonix-introduces-the-big-muff-pi---analog-circuitry-for-digital-musicians-55758

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Producer

Nope. Not for me. Too much money, too much hassle. In the end the same as a Big Muff plugin or a analog Big Muff printed while recording. Imagine every pedal developer comes with that kind of idea... you are switching interfaces the whole day long. Nice try, but not good...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I don't think this one is going to be an inventory mover. For a combo gadget I'd personally be more interested in a doobie rolling refrigerator.