Efimov Nylon Guitar

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by exr777, Apr 5, 2014.

1. exr777

exr777 Producer

Hello everyone!
    I've been trying to get rid of the annoying installer, and would like to know if someone is able to help me put all the needed files in a nkr file.
    I've created the file, but the script always goes to the directory looking for the files...

Anyone could help me?

Thank you.

3. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

I am not an expert in this, but shouldn't you resave the patch after making any changes to the instrument?

4. exr777

exr777 Producer

Oh.. Thank you for your reply.
    I did resave it a thousand times.
    The problem is the in resources\images\IE_NG only work there. If I move them the script doesn't work.

And the nki always ask for the nkr that must be in the same place as the nki, even if the nkr file size is 1kb.... if I move the nkr, wich is what I want, the script automatically stops working.
    I tried to redirect the nkr file in Instruments Options, but the script doesn't like that...
    Its actually very annoying.

Anyone could please point a solution?

Thanks you

5. eskimoz

eskimoz Member

not expert either, but it seams that the script must be edited idk wth i'm talking about. :zipped:

6. exr777

exr777 Producer

Well.... I suppose the script would have something to do with it, but it's impossible to open the script

7. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

Kontakt Guru is busy with album projects, but may I ask what Kontakt are you using? Cracked R2R Kontakt allows editing any scripts. But are you sure this is about some script? If resource container is necessary why do you want to move it? I am sorry, but I know a thing or two about Kontakt and I just don't understand what you are asking and trying to do...

8. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Resource container has nothing to do with script, it's a file storage for metadata, pictures and sometimes additional samples.
    When you move it, the GUI might look weird as there are no pictures, but the instrument remain working. IE NG links to pictures externally, and the folder must be in the respective location (usually Documents), it's weird (they could have included the pics in the nkr file), but other than adding the pics to the nkr, there's nothing that can be done about it. And to nkr only NI has the keys...or does it?? :dunno:

The path to nkr is absolute, not relative, that means you have to resave patches every time you move it. *yes*
    Unfortunately this is not correct, Spitfire script cannot be opened and/or edited in R2R :(

9. exr777

exr777 Producer

So, if it doesn't have anything to do with the Script, how come when I move the nkr ( and point the patch to the new location) the images don't show up? Actually the nkr is only 1kb, so it doesn't have any images!

10. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

WHY DO YOU NEED TO MOVE THE NKR!!! :snuffy:

Excuse me for not understanding your problem...

11. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Why go though all this trouble over a needed installer just move it to the documentation folder and let it be and use it when you install a new OS?

Since you can't change the script the method you are doing is tricking the .nki, but you can't change how the library was made that like a girl sara at birth and you want to give her a sex change nicknamed john

You have two Options: Noob & Advanced (choose wisely lol) you have done most of the steps

run the installer and it saves it's location to the kontakt 4 pictures folder(library folder name: IE_NG)

C:\Users\user.name\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 4\pictures\
    Move to
    C:\Users\user.name\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\pictures\

move the installer to the documentation folder, Done!

2.A
    load Ilya Efimov Nylon Guitar.nki in Kontakt
    Click the wrench tool Tab
    Click the Instrument Options Tab
    Click the Instrument Tab
    click the Create TAb
    Go the to the library folder type in a .nkr name, i used Nylon Guitar.nkr
    Click Save, a window is going to pop up and say:
    "No resource folder structure found. Would you like to create one?
    Click Yes
    Leave Kontakt as it is don't close nothing

2.B
    run the installer(IE_NG_UI_Setup) and it saves it's location to the kontakt 4 pictures folder (library folder name: IE_NG)

C:\Users\user.name\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 4\pictures\
    Move the IE_NG folder to the Resources Picture folder
    R:\Nylon Guitar\Resources\pictures

Go back to kontakt
    click the Create Tab
    Click on Nylon Guitar.nkr (or whatever you named it)
    Click Save
    A window is going to pop up and say:
    "Nylon Guitar.nkr already exists. Do you want to replace it?
    Click Yes
    A window is going to pop up and say:
    Resource Container:bla bla blah
    Caution: there were 1 subfolders! they can't be packed in the .nkr container.
    Click Ok
    Click Close in the Instrument Options Tab
    Click the Files Tab
    Click "Save edited Instrument"
    a window will pop up
    Click the Patch Only & Absolute sample paths options, then
    Click save, and replace the instrument
    Voila your Done!!!!

The .nkr is used just to change paths from using the kontakt 5 picture folder on your OS HDD and this way all the Library info stays in one folder.

Consider this a treat from me . Cheers :wink:

12. exr777

exr777 Producer

lol....
    It's a matter of need to move the nkr file. I don't need to move it.
    I'm just in the process of trying to understand why does it work that way. :)