Educational Series: Introduction.

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Giggity, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Giggity

Giggity Platinum Record

This is the first of series that I'll be posting in order to make it relatively easy for anyone to achieve their desired sound without having to get lost in the world of search engines.

When mixing a song, there're few common goals: Width, Depth, Punch, Clarity, and Balance. In the upcoming series, I'll be addressing each individually without diving into unnecessary information of why you need clarity or width or punch, because you already understand the need for it; hence why you're searching about it.

When participating, please use the following guidelines:

• I will appreciate everyone who'll also share their tip, but please follow the following format as clutter-free post is far more inviting than its opposite.
    • If you are simply participating to show gratitude, although it's unnecessary, you can follow my Patreon and help there. kidding. Instead, just rate the posts using (Agree, Disagree, or Creative). This is to avoid giving unnecessary negative ratings to someone, and use "Disagree" which is a neutral rating.
    • If you are correcting someone, reply to their post and write, "Correction:", and then proceed. After an evaluation by the Committee is completed (which consists of @Baxter ,@No Avenger ,@The Pirate, @SineWave , and myself), we will then implement the correction in the post.
    • Remember, the goal is to learn; please contribute to a positive learning environment.

i.e. (Font size 4)

Subject: Width

Plugin/s: XYZ

Procedure:

Caution: abc.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    FAQ:

- When will the series start?
    It will start the week of April 22nd. This is mainly to give time for the post to get some publicity from the members, thus, increasing contribution.
    - Any tips? I'm eager to learn.
    Sure laddie/lassie. Start by clicking on "watch thread" to stay up to date with this post. What we will do is post every series' link down here. That way you won't miss any.
    Stay tuned.

Cheers.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

I bet we will have a lot of long and funny discussions going on again at the 22nd of April. :hahaha:

4. Giggity

Giggity Platinum Record

We are fine with that, as long as we are learning something and exchanging tips that could be perfected with the help of others.

Will we be delighted by your contribution? yeah, I'm that sales guy. :rofl:

5. recycle

recycle Guest

you are the kind of people who like to harass the wasp's nest ... It is not possible to treat any subject here without triggering thermonuclear wars.
    However: best wishes
    following

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

This is exaggerated.

7. Giggity

Giggity Platinum Record

I kinda see your point; hence why I asked everyone to contribute to a positive learning environment, but one can only hope. :wink:

8. farao

farao Rock Star

Awesome idea!

9. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

A man can dream, indeed. I really like the idea. But this is already getting cluttered and when the tips start even more.
    Unless you do something like editing your OP post (perhaps only with permalinks?) it'll be a difficult task to make this thread easy to follow.

10. Giggity

Giggity Platinum Record

11. Giggity

Giggity Platinum Record