Edm track...how to make one?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by samsome, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Writing a song is a very personal thing.Sure, tutorials do help, but in the end it takes lots of time, patience and courage to write your own shit, takes years to get confident in your songwriting.

2. foster911

foster911 Guest

Change is over. We have all the sounds human can imagine. Composition techniques also have reached to their maximum level. Playing out with the chords is at the end. Bizarre FXs have the same status. About the genres, fusion of some of them to create another one is also a decrepit and moribund issue.

Today is the good music day. Something that anyone can not produce it with the richest tools or sounds he would own.

Please listen to this track. It has the simplest structure and sounds but is one the best tracks I have heard recently:
    https://clyp.it/k5eifst0

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2017
  3. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

It's just... probably around year 1000 painters had all the possible colors at their disposal and they created new styles 1000 years after. When you say "change is over" you're already dead even if you breathe.

Even I, which I heard'em all, I still think there is plenty to explore in music realm.

You know what? 25 years ago I had a collection of over 500 tapes and more vinyl and I knew each track on what tape or record was located. Now I have a library of roughly 100.000 songs gathered over the years which I can hum many of them just by looking at the title and if I play an unknown title I immediately remember the song.
    You are never coming up with new stuff for me. True, I don't know each time that song you link but I pretty much know when it was in fashion (or in underground's fashion because even undergorund changes), I know similar songs I know how the actual clubbing/festival scene was at that time. For you is a unique song, for me is just another one in a sea of similar ones because it was part of a bloody style.

And I know that yesterday's song was just a combo of breakbeat and psy/goa elements but is useless to point it out to you and to explain that that artists made those sounds in that way only because they were limited by hardware - since the beginning of electric guitars each half decade have very strong influences directly correlated to the hardware, just see how rock evolved, then disco, then house music in the 80s, then mainstream dance in the 90s then progressive house towards 00s then Trance (same period, mighty Virus). Each Yamaha, Roland and Korg shaped deep the music scene.

But how could you correlate all this when you couldn't even sniff the 4-bar pattern going on on that track?

And now you're coming with a song part of 00s when I was DJ-ing 3 times a week to show me what good music is? You are so far in connecting all these dots, just keep on finding tracks enjoy the music but stop pretending that you know anything in what music is concerned because besides Bbsus2, Hbdim7, Bb7b5sharp9 you know shit about music. Your music horizon is so narrow you have no idea how much music you don't know, oh the sweet irony again with that signature of yours. And that's why your foolish attempts to experiment or break the rules fail miserably - you either do what others did without knowing it, either do what others failed without knowing it

4. foster911

foster911 Guest

Just post a link to a song I've not heard the ones similar to it.
    Youtube has trillions of them, so what? I'm talking about the good music. How many of the tracks you listen a day are really the ones that you truly admire them? For me, maybe once in a month. Good music are so rare.
    They're just styles. Good music does not relate to the styles so much. You can make a good music in the frame of out-of-fashion styles. The one I posted is structurally so old but is dazzling at least for me.
    Because I'm illiterate. OK with that?
    Really how do you distinguish the good music as a DJ? Usually DJs don't pay attention the song selections strictly like the program directors on the radio stations. How do you find out what the good music is? Would you please send some of your favorites to my created thread about the electronic music? I really want to know how much common sense we have about the good music.

5. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Good night foster

6. foster911

foster911 Guest

I liked yours and this is mine dedicated to you and also good night jayxflash, sweet dreams ...

Better quality:
    https://clyp.it/54pikhbo

7. saltwater

saltwater Guest

:rofl:

8. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

id like to add to this accurate post

i did not have any talent/musical ability, after almost 1,5 years of fiddling i can finally say that i have reached the stage where my stuff sounds like shit
    soon anough and my shit will sound like.. some better shit

to make it simple, its not

9. saltwater

saltwater Guest

brilliant :wink: