EDM synthesizer with BEST categories?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by samsome, Dec 6, 2015.

1. samsome

samsome Guest

Hi guys,

First of all, i'm not looking for a best sounding synth

I'm looking for a synth that has the best categories as explained below

I am looking for a synth that has clear categories regarding bass, pads, and leads so that i understand the different kind of bass, pads and leads...

for example....

for bass there's deep heavy bass, sub bass, moog bass etc...

for leads, there's plucked leads, generic leads,euphoric trance leads etc..

thank you

3. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

you must be new here.... what? nobody said Sylenth1 yet? :rofl:

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

sylenth1, hive, spire, massive, ANA.

its the same stuff you use for other genres, why people think tools have to be genre specific?

5. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Here, have a "synth-name-dropping"-umbrella.

There is no best synth.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

3osc from fruity, duh

7. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

@samsome : you are looking at roughly 50 years of electronic music history (hardware & music genres) with your post. One doesn't learn this from synth presets.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Veks

Veks Member

Mixing stage goes after production of music. So you need to have something to mix on in the first place (or master)..

I think this is the main problem of today's industry. I didn't mix untill recently i can say. In Fasttracker there was no mixing, and after in Fruity 3 and Cubase i also didn't mix. I wanted to create something what i wanted to listen without having the money.

Cheers.

9. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

ElectroHouse, Trance, EDM, DubStep, BroStep, D'n'B: Spire, Sylenth1, Massive, u-he Hive, z3ta+ 2, DUNE2, ANA, Serum + hundreds of soundbanks for all synths
    Multifunctional high-quality stuff: Reaktor5/6 + expansions, u-he Zebra, u-he Bazille, u-he ACE and other u-he synths, FM8
    For analog-like stuff (electrobass, vintage leads'n'pads...) - u-he Diva, d16 LuSH-101, OP-X Pro 2, Arturia bundle, XILS-lab all, KORG MS-20/PolySix/MonoPoly, Poly-Ana, Togu Audio Line (all TAL synths), impOSCar2, oddity 1/2, ROLAND plug-out synths, Waldorf PPG3, Novation Bass-Station, MONARK (for NI Reaktor), LittleOne, Memorymoon, ME80 and many-many more cool almost analog stuff (many of them are almost true-analog, when blind comparison of real hardware and plugin show you subtle difference or almost no difference..)
    Other cool synths: Waves Codex, Waves Element, Tone2 stuff (Saurus, Gladiator, Nemesis, and many more), Waldorf Largo, Waldorf Nave, Rob Papen synths, LinPlug synths
    And: ReFX Nexus2, ReFX Vanguard
    etc.

If you want only not so much synths for all-modern music with superhigh-quality synthesis: Spire, DUNE2, Massive, u-he DIVA, Sylenth1, Serum, Zebra, FM8 - that's extremely enough

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. dayron

dayron Member

I must say tho, altho a great synth, but for finding presets, i really don't like Sylenth1, or the similar ones.
    There is no real preset option, just banks by number. Trying to find a preset can be really a pita if you have a few of them + expansions.
    Because of that point exactly, i've been researching sound design and synthesis, doing tutorials and such.
    Why having to go through presets, when you can recreate the sound you have in mind? It's much more productive, and dare i say fun?
    So yes i do understand the "presets" frustration, but give sound-design a chance, you actually might like it :)

11. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

it wasnt made for the average lazy EDM producers.
    well as sound designer i dont care about preset managers, because i design my own.
    you can always export presets and build your own important presets banks.
    general
    i lost years of watching sound design tutorials, the best improvements i had just from jumping in and creating stuff myself, also reading the manual of the synth itself helps quite a lot.

12. Veks

Veks Member

I would put z3ta+ 2 before Sylenth also. It has great fat sounds that Sylenth doens't have. I think Sylenth and Omnisphere are similar in sound, with lots of arpeggios. I use arps, but not that much... :)