EDM is dying... What's next? And why is this happening? Is DJing dead?

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Desantïs, Mar 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

Hate EDM!! ... Hate it.. Hate ANYTHING with autotune more, but still Hate EDM!! blehh... (head hurts) :woot:

2. Desantïs

Desantïs Banned

I'm too real for the music industry. They don't want individuals with skill at the high levels they just want a bunch of yes men to do whatever the corporate heads want them to. You and I both know this. Curtis is just another product of capitalization and the raping of music as we know it. You're the one who uses LFO's to make pitch risers so you clearly don't know what you're talking about and Flosstradumbass probably needs to be taught what a pitch riser even does honestly.. You guys just mindlessly believe all these guys just 'make it' on their own but the common denominator here is MONEY. I've got a USB stick full of tracks that would put both of you to shame but I'm not releasing any more songs because they all get stolen by rich brats.

3. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Another hilarious development of a thread.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  4. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

Sometimes you just have to wait for the smoke to clear... :wink:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. oldskoolproductions

oldskoolproductions Producer

There have been ghost producers since the days that people began scoring classical music hundreds of years ago...
    I'm a professional guitarist... dj's have been killing my business for over 20 years... pay one guy to do the work of 5 musicians... EDM has been over saturated... but an evolving form of dance music will rise up soon.

6. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

shade45! I'm a Rude Jude guy myself!!

7. Triphammer

Triphammer Producer

Yeah.....the music business is f*cked....nothing new there. Yeah....the old business models for real bands have failed. Get signed...make records,(real records..in real studios..with real musicians), tour and sell said records...in record stores. But real bands, playing real music, with real musicians playing real instruments? I guarantee you that there are right now in this world more real bands than there ever were in the 60's or 70's.....it's just much harder for them to get noticed or paid. AFAIK there is no genre....except maybe ancient Etruscan...that isn't being played by someone, somewhere right now.[​IMG]

8. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

So the music business is on the floor. Who gives a FUCK? NO FUCKS GIVEN.

Let the fat lady sing

9. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

You made my day :)))))))))))) Half of what I've said gravitates around DJ marketing budget, general marketing and money and you still think that I think there's no money involved?!? Ffs mate :))))))))

10. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

You pretty much just described EVERYTHING that's marketed to the masses. From foot cream to seat covers. Or you could just sell it out of the trunk of your car and be mad at the ways of the world.

11. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Love his interviews! Good shit right there!

12. statik

statik Audiosexual

i must say that even though i had one of the best goth parties in amsterdam and was the top dj there and do a lot of international dj-gigs i still dont pay to do this and i never would

13. The Revenant

The Revenant Platinum Record

5 "nasty" feedback on my 2 comments, while in the meantime I didn't gave even 1 dislike at any of you... Wow!!!
    Then, who's the real hater?
    You know what?... FUCK EDM, idiot-trap, gangsta-shit, dumb & bass & step and - even more deeper - all of their supporters.
    I'm so proud to look nasty in front of a band of incult baboons.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Psychoacoustic

Psychoacoustic Producer

*yawn*

The next biggest thing is algorithmic/dynamically interactive music. The music device no longer plays back a static track - the track varies in real time, just like a live band who knows how to improvise.

Far thinkers like Brian Eno have lots of interesting ideas for the future of music.