Editing only the NICNT file to add library

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by roger_milford, Jan 22, 2020.

1. roger_milford

roger_milford Newbie

I've used cracked Kontakt for many years but have ran into a problem with a newly purchased Library, Slate + Ash Cycles where it cannot be added to the cracked Kontakt as both the portable version and R4E version cannot find the NICNT file. I remember on the sister site some people ran into the same problems with the recent Best Service Orchestra library where the add library functions were not working until the NICNT was edited (which somebody kindly did and uploaded).

I'm wondering if anyone knows what exactly you have to edit in the NICNT as there are no reg items added (when trying to add the library as it's not found) or service centre and/or native access files. All I have is the NICNT to work from.

All other libraries I have purchased have all added themselves with no problem (using add library functions). This is the only purchased library I've had a problem with. Hopefully somebody can help. On regular Kontakt the library adds no problem (as I have one machine running the legitimate Kontakt).

3. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

dont use + in the name and reg key

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. roger_milford

roger_milford Newbie

I didn't realise by adding a '+' in the folder name of the library creator would block the library add. Thanks for the help bobdule, worked like a charm removing it. Wobbles own head in the corner.

5. bog_standard

bog_standard Newbie

Having a similar issue in the OSX environment. V5.6.0 generates a src.tmp file which lists the SNPID as 000. The SNPID in the original .nicnt is also 000 curiously. I can convert the .tmp to an .xml file and edit both SNPIDs to get the library to appear in V6.2.0, however the error message "This instrument belongs to a library that is not currently installed" appears. Any ideas?

6. roger_milford

roger_milford Newbie

Sorry I'm on PC bog_standard so can't be of help though I have a list of all SNPID's so which library is it ? I went back to my original problem yesterday and realised I also changed the NICNT adding the SNPID number of 'cycles' and it was that, not removing the '+' which enabled it to be added to Kontakt.

In the latest Kontakt 6 how do you find SNPID numbers ? (As opening the cycles NICNT in notepad++ shows it to be 000. Service Centre and Native Access don't have any XML files I can find to check and there was nothing in RegEdit).

I found the SNPID for cycles (which is W51) as somebody posted a comprehensive list of SNPID's yesterday which I was able to download.

7. Cinemystik

Cinemystik Newbie

Hi. Where can I find the list and is it new? I'm looking for a 2020 version have the old one from 16

8. emptybe33

emptybe33 Newbie

How did you get this to work exactly? I've edited the NICNT to update the SNPID number correctly but still get 'No Library Found' when I try to add with 5.6.0, 5.6.6 (or 6.0.2 portable)

9. kryl

kryl Newbie

Hey guys, I'm hoping in this thread real quick to have some insight about this specific Library that is Cycles from Slate + Ash. I was trying to find a cracked version to no avail, and I figured that Auras, an other lib from the same company, hasn't been cracked either while being much older. I assume those are probably hard to crack or just not so popular?

Roger_milford, after à couple months trying it out, would you recommand purchasing ?
    Peace.

10. 3typen

3typen Member

hi. did any1 uses slates and ash "auras" and "cycles" before they updated the nkis to k6.3.3 and have the old files?

i need them working in my K6.0.4

11. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Whoah, hang on!
    So you're on Windows because you are using the portable.
    So you don't need to add in 5.6.0 or 5.6.6, as we have to on macOS since the Add Library button went from Kontakt.
    You guys have the Add Library app.
    You got your wires crossed somewhere.
    I wonder what the SNPID # in the .xml says though.
    Probably <000>.