Edirol FA-66 and Pro Tools 11

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by lukeallison, Aug 7, 2015.

1. lukeallison

lukeallison Kapellmeister

Hi,
    After a long break from music, I set up all my gear, upgraded Pro Tools, purchased some plug-ins and eagerly anticipated plugging in and playing guitar for the first time in over a year. My excitement was quickly squashed after attempting to use my Edirol FA-66 recording interface as the input to an audio track in pro tools. It simply does not show up in the I/O pane of the mixer.

Can somebody please tell me if this device works with Pro Tools and suggest a way to make this happen? I used it for Protools 9 so I didn't anticipate it no longer working. Hopefully I'm forgetting to do something and need refreshing on how to use a third-party recording interface with Pro Tools.

Cheers!

3. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    First off, you'd need to look online for updated drivers for your interface. Pro Tools 9 is from 2010 while 11 is from 2013. If you can find driver updates from 2013 or later, you may be in luck. However, maybe Roland has dropped support for your interface. It seems to be dated. It's unavailable at zzounds, musician's friend, or B&H.

Good luck with it.

4. lukeallison

lukeallison Kapellmeister

It doesn't require drivers as it seems to use standard mac drivers. It works perfectly for playing back audio but pro tools doesn't seem to detect it. It's annoying because it uses generic ASIO drivers and has literally the exact same specs as current mini Audio Interfaces aside from not having USB 3.0 connectivity.

5. sham69

sham69 Ultrasonic

If you are on Mac I think you Core Audio driver not ASIO,

did you checked in Configuration Menu / Playback engine if your audio interface is selected ?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015