Eating less food to live longer???

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DEGRAD, Oct 19, 2023.

?

Does eating less food at each meal lead to better health and longer life?

1. Yes!

47 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. No!

29 vote(s)
    38.2%
  1. RachProko

RachProko Producer

What does ‘live longer’ mean? That I have to deprive myself of any joys of life and try to reach an age of 85? Or get to live my life to the fullest and die at 84.5?

Anyway, anyone can die of any disease at any time regardless of their lifestyle?

So don’t think about how to live as long as possible, think about living your life as happily as you possibly can and hope you will live as long as you enjoy life!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
  2. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Also, i think it is 1 in 5 people literally cannot tell the difference between thirst and hunger due to receptors in the brain malfunctioning. Which is why lots of people suffer from dehydration. My solution to that is, when I'm hungry I will drink a large glass of water and wait a half hour before eating. The amount of times I wasn't hungry at all is incredible!

Food is meant for sustenance and nothing more, but dammit, food companies do their worst to make something ridiculously bad for ya taste great!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. DEGRAD

DEGRAD Ultrasonic

Quantity is always important than quality. I mean, the effort of all the scientists is to make everything measurable. When everything is measurable, quality will no longer matter. Without having the correct nutrition plan and full knowledge of the effect of nutrients on the body, the choice of food and the necessary amount will be random, and the random process cannot be managed and controlled carefully, and there will be a possibility of any damage.

You can try my words. Now suppose it's dinner time, what do you choose to eat and how do you calculate the required amount?

4. aschnt

aschnt Producer

Depends what you eat ?
    As with anything, the answer would be 'balance'. I'd say the goal is to get your body and your mind working in osmosis rather than one taking the upper-hand over the other.

What is your definition of 'living a life to the fullest' ? Is it to indulge in any of your pulsions to get dopamine reward, or to limit yourself to learn how to master yourself ? Is it living the life of a slave, or the life of a master ?
    I mean, quite simple question and answer, but very difficult in practice. We've been thought to live as slave and be happy about it. Can't do a 180° like that, not even sure that'd be the right path. 90° could be enough already. But this is reality. And I think that is one of our jobs, if we accept it, to grow and master ourselves rather than wallowing in stagnation.

All in all, this is more a question of eating better than eating less or more I'd say. Try participating in the wonders of life, grow your food or choose a good one, prepare it with care, love and respect for what was, and will now become part of your being.
    Don't worry about what you can die from in the futur, worry about how you can live now.
    If you eat more, it's because of dopamine, if you eat better, it's because of you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

As far as shady food manufacturers go yes that is true, but in terms of staying healthy It falls on the consumer to decide what is or isn't healthy, and as for the solution to your conundrum above, about knowing what is the right amount? For me anyway. I always leave the table able to eat more. That takes conditioning the brain though. It took me two weeks of being very strict with myself, but now it is like EQing a bass, I can pretty much do it in my sleep.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. jhagen

jhagen Platinum Record

This way of thinking can lead you to an Eating disorder at the speed of light, be careful.

7. aschnt

aschnt Producer

You don't need to control, you need to listen.
    "randomness" is a mirage, it doesn't exist am afraid. Even in coding, there is no such thing as a random function, it is always a calculation based on parameters, like time. Something called random is actually a calculation we don't understand all the parameters.
    There are ways to make "randomness" yours, at least partially. It doesn't really go through careful management & control of your environment, but in listening and trusting of your own being.

8. DEGRAD

DEGRAD Ultrasonic

So, with that being said, let's eat whatever we think is appropriate and let the gut and cells decide what to absorb and what not to absorb? Because we are not in control of the functioning of the cells and the digestive system.

9. 4096

4096 Platinum Record

Honestly AS never ceases to amaze me with what people post on here. Wild stuff lol

10. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Oh, thank you! I owe it to my special diet. :)
    Well, I love the sweet crunchy taste of honey glazed baked babies. Accompanied by a crystal glass of the finest hand selected group 0+ blood. Yummy! It contains a lot of sugars, saturated fat acids and iron-y. Very healthy!

[​IMG]

11. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. aschnt

aschnt Producer

If you agree that, what 'you think is appropriate' is based on your knowledge (of yourself and what you're about to eat), then I don't see the problem ? Are you that detached from your body that you don't trust your gut and cells to do their job ?
    Why would you control your cells and digestive system ? Would you also like to have to control your breath, pupils, hair growth, ... having to think about them for it to happen ? Don't you think we've got enough already without that ?
    Your body already manages way more simultaneous inputs than you'd ever realize, and it evolves from it too. It's your subconscious, your guts (and not your digestive system).

13. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

The question, as it was asked, is nonsense as some members made already clear. If at all, it should read: "With what diet can you get significantly older?

But even then the question is nonsense, because it presupposes that everyone wants to grow very old at all.
    My father is 93 years old. So he must have done some things right. However, I really don't want to get that old, because life is torture for him now.

So for me it is clear: I don't want to become very old at any price.
    There must still be enough quality of life, and I don't want to be a burden on my family when I get very old just to set an age record.

And finally, this abandonment attitude that many people have at the moment is disgusting.
    I live my life in such a way that I get as much out of it as possible. That includes eating and drinking with pleasure. If that doesn't work anymore, I'll quit*.

Voluntary retirement from life can also be arranged in such a way that others do not have to suffer as a result. For example, in recent years I have collected pills with which I can do this. So one doesn't have to drive his car into a wall or throw himself under a train. That is just inelegant. :rofl:
    The good part of life is or may be short so the only chance to enjoy life is Here and Now!

14. Haze

Haze Producer

This is as ridiculous as asking:

"Does using an EQ make music sound better or worse?"

There are no defined parameters, no calorie, nutrient, timescale or energy usage specifications, just a vague subject matter with a question mark tagged on the end of it. Nutrition is obviously a highly useful subject to investigate for all human beings but learning to effectively operate your brain is a necessary prerequisite to investigating anything effectively.

It's the equivalent of asking the EQ question without defining instrument, ensemble, channel type, EQ model, etc etc etc and all the other countless variables that come into the equation. Even then, no remotely useful answer could be given without actually hearing the context.

Fair enough, the EQ comparison is maybe a little less defined as such things as taste and creativity also have a role to play, whereas nutrition is a fairly rigid mechanical issue, but the vagueness is certainly comparable.

I really do wish people would navigate their way to facebook or suchlike with these kind of questions, they would be much more suitably shallow platforms for trivia than here. I also wish I didn't feel compelled to write this here but that's my failing... :rofl:

Next up:

"Does daily microdosing LSD lead to increased creativity?" :woot:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

Guys, I think DEGRAD might be Foster...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

At least Degraded's question is highly fosterized :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

It's a fosteristic fosterism..

Nice thread imo. One can come here and shitpost when in such mood, not cluttering other (sortof) useful ones..:wink:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

It all is tied together, and what and how you think plays a rather large influence on digestion, what we eat, how we eat and as well on how efficient and strong our immune system is and to the degree of our resilience to pathogens and cancer. So yes, it is our conscious thoughts as well as the subconscious that dictates our overall health. Of course it would be useless to will arsenic not to kill us if we accidentally ingested a bit, but eating a healthy diet, drinking enough clean water and exercise will keep most of us mostly fit than not. Assault by a toxic world is a buzz kill.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Too little water and you die. Too much water and you'll die. It's not a question of more or less unless you define "relative to what". It's about determining the optimal amount.

(I guess it's a slow day for me.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Barry T

Barry T Producer

Incorrect.