Easy tip to increase sustain: bolt-on neck guitars and basses

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by dragonhill, Mar 31, 2018.

1. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

I forgot about my daughter's Ibanez micro bass 4 string. There was significant ' settling ' on this one.
    I can now feel the low E string resonate.
    I used stacks of quarters, nickels and dimes for my Korean Hamer Strat.
    My Nitefly has an allen screw that can lock the bridge. Probably not enough contact though compared to a wood block or 3 stacks of coins.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2018
  2. @dragonhill .. bringing up your daughter's bass just reminded me to do this screw trick to my nice neighbour's Squire Vintage Modified Bass I have on extended loan. It's a short scale, punchy and grey coloured bass that is easy to navigate for me not being a native bass player. I bet this little piggy squeals in realignment delight when I do it to it. These Indonesian made Fenders are kinda hit and miss. I had to tweak and tweak it to make it playable when I got a hold of it. Now it's at least passable although the pickups could be a tad better.[​IMG]

3. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Sounds exactly like the Micro bass. Saddle height, trussrod etc. Same pickup combo as your neighbor's Squier too.

Even though the MIcro does play very comfortably and the neck is typical Ibanez, I'm also weighing how often I pick up the bass VS how much a pickup upgrade would add to the sound. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a cheap bass used with upgraded PUs .

4. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

Anyone remember these weird things?:hahaha:
    [​IMG]