EastWest Hollywood Brass

Discussion in 'Software News' started by kimmy9gga, Oct 11, 2013.

1. kimmy9gga

kimmy9gga Newbie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K667eq-Wvo

It's got a super realistic sound, and and very nice effects etc etc. Just take a listen to it, and you will get the point :)

Would defo bought thismyself if I wasn't broke, yeye got's to wait until da paycheck arrives.

3. oidua

oidua Member

And the price is right-
    just $599.00 at Sweetwater.
    Sounds cool tho.
    And oh yeah, approximately 150GB of content (ships on an internal SATA hard drive).

4. kimmy9gga

kimmy9gga Newbie

Swetwater is hustling you then, cuz it only cost 200, in their offical store.

5. oidua

oidua Member

Well, Diamond for $599.00, Gold for $399.00 and Silver $199.00.

Check http://www.soundsonline.com/Hollywood-Orchestral-Series

6. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

Well, if you don't care about the Diamond Edition and still willing to give about that amount of money you can go for the Complete Composer's Collection 2: http://www.soundsonline.com/CCC2

And also get Strings, Woodwinds, Stormdrum 2 etc. I think you can upgrade later anyway. (There's also the CCC2Pro but it starts at double the price so...)

Maybe wait for an offer. They constantly make those. They could have one for Halloween or Christmas. If you're not too eager that is...

Another thing to consider is that the PLAY engine is not very versatile and can generally be heavy on your system. If you're coming from Kontakt especially, you may be a bit shocked with the lack of customization of the sound. I guess it's mostly about the sound as PLAY can't even be considered a sampler now that I think of it. On the other hand, you get a pretty good sound out of the box.

Finally, the timbre and character of the sound is most typical of the Hollywood/Trailer sound (duh...) and if you make smaller ensembles or divided sections etc. you may have some issues or if you want a more roomy, smaller, drier sound. Except if you just use the Brass as a filler in other genres. Then I guess it's not that important...

But, whatever you do, have fun. :thumbsup:

7. LV-426

LV-426 Newbie

Effectively. Excellent library. Besides I bought it. :bow:

8. kimmy9gga

kimmy9gga Newbie

Ahh, damn didnt spot dat... Yeaa iknow, but i generally like brassers, I think this can be dope to make some dope hip-hop beats with. And if you listened to some of those presets, they were dope ass fuck, it was almost like I was in, that really makes me wonder what i could do with this.

9. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

I use Cinebrass and its excellent quality but the latency/bugs with the staccato samples just makes it useless for serious work. I wish an update of the library was released by our friends from the dark side.