east west libs

Discussion in 'Software' started by ia, May 22, 2016.

1. ia

ia Producer

Hello my friends! Guys, please don't take me wrong (it isn't request), ilok2 has been defeated.. right?
    So why east west products aren't cracked? Just interested..

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. ia

ia Producer

I understand the difference, but I don't think it's relevant when we talk about R2R, because I'm sure they does not hide anything from us.
    VocalSynth has been cracked so fast,
    so it is tempting to think that they does not keep their releases

4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Speculations :yes::bleh::yes::bleh::yes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Lean

Lean Producer

Maybe iLok2 NOT cracked and it's the software implementation itself.

Obviously they have found a way to bypass iLoK as u don't even need the drivers which tends to suggest it's badly implemented in some cases and not necessarily iLOK 2 that cracked?

Maybe they haven't bypassed the East West software yet or it is better implemented than others but I have no idea as i don't enough to tell.

Just a guess :yes:

6. ia

ia Producer

But why do it? There is some kind of financial gain? Some people think that elicenser has been hacked and Steinberg simply pays tribute to crackers

7. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Ooohhh!!!..... I´ve heard that kind of speculations too through the years - the theory that groups are payed for not cracking.... interesting :yes::bleh::yes:

8. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I'm almost sure that somewhere, somehow, most of these have already been cracked but for some reasons have yet to be released.

9. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

simple go and buy if you have an need for and cant live without those , no one can knows the answere to this question for real .

every other things said are guessing only .

10. ia

ia Producer

Actually I don't need it, but logic of my
    subconscious is talking me that something wrong here

11. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

What exactly is wrong ia?.... Is it that your hottest wishes isnt delivered, or.....?

12. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

he likes the conspiracy theory .

13. ia

ia Producer

ok guys, I understand you..

It's not that. I understand from our conversation that this is such a business model

Exactly? Sequence. it's kind of the last thing that remains untouched, so it seems surprising to me. With regards to the "hottest wishes" that's just the pretty girls and huge amount of money (you know:chilling:), not the programs ..

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  14. Impressive

Impressive Guest

There are a variety of reasons:
    0. Same reason why Cubase Pro 8.5 and Reason 8 and Nexus 2.7.3 haven't been cracked yet
    1. East west has too many layers of copy protection.
    2. EW products (aside from the orchestral stuff) are very outdated in terms of sound, playability, articulations, and stability.
    3. Play engine is very limited in features.
    4. I tried selling some of my EW software on here. Unfortunately, nobody wants them. I can't say I blame them.
    5. Way too large in size.
    6. Did I mention, way too many layers of copy protection.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

you should go and learn something new , maybe go out with your girlfriend and make her happy instead of writings things which are not true at all and you dont have the knowledge for , you shows most of the time . yes i mean you Impressive .

16. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

That alone could be the reason. Just Diamond Hollywood Strings weights over 320GiB. :wow:

17. Impressive

Impressive Guest

So in conclusion to my prior comment:
    All EWQL really is is an outdated, oversized, overpriced, and overly copy protected version of SONiVOX stuff. Ie: EWQL Pianos is an oversized overpriced version of Sonivox's EightyEight Ensemble. Play's UI looks vaguely similar to Sonivox's instrument UI's. Just buy some sonivox stuff. Or just download it off the sister site. :bleh:

18. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Does Play still suffer from stability & CPU/RAM overload issues?
    Also I heard the Violas in HS are mostly detuned, they fixed it right?
    Maybe I know the answer, just don't want to hear it. :unsure:

To tell the truth Hollywood series were on my list for a while (since 2012), but since I can't stand/smell iLok it was a no-go. Even though I'm generally not that much into "wet" libraries recently, I'd happily give it a shot and maybe take on writing a review. There are far too many controversies for my taste though, so I could live without it.

19. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

one question comes to my mind , didnt you realize yourselves that you writing absolutely crap , and please dont tell me you written that as joke ?

speaking about size , are many big kontakt Libs didnt have an similar size ?

Berlin Strings uncompressed as example are also 268 GB .

20. muciones

muciones Kapellmeister

21. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

This is a bit off topic.. but pls dont be mad - don't want to start a new thread. Years ago I started a trance remake of Bach-Gounod Ave Maria. I used the EW choir stuff /w wordbuilder (the old one, no play eng., midi loopback). Never finished it, but I think it would sound ok in the mix. It was a PITA just to setup not to mention the Wordbuilder.
    I know other (boys choir) libraries, but they usually have some predefined phrases, latin words.. not a real word builder.
    On the other hand I heard terrible stuff about EW Play engine, Wordbuilder,.. petty much the stuff Impressive mentioned. In this case I really don't want to pay what they are asking (occasional use, also). So I have this questions:

Is the engine fixed, does the Wordbuilder work like supposed?
    Are the samples new, I mean not borrowed from the old version?
    What would be the alternative? (with decent word-builder.. and lower price tag)

I found some phrases that I made back then (the funny stuff iI remember - it always came out a bit different, so you had to repeat the procedure a few times ;)). This would be enough for me if stable and predictable..