East West Library Issue

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Lao, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Lao

Lao Newbie

Hi guys

I got an issue with my East West Libraries only . And I dont know why. I tried to solve it by myswelf but I dont know where the prob is.
    This is the second time that I have this issue with East West stuff only. East West Stuff cause me so many troubles, sometimes it show up in Kontakt windows and sometimes it disappear. It just a come and go. I guess I got a virus or so. The next thing I did was I set up my OS brand new. I installed East West Gold Edition but I couldnt find the library instruments anywhere on my harddisk. The only thing that has been installed is the vst plug in. So I delete all my East West Libraries from my extern harddisk. So I guess forget the East West Libraries and get an alternative libraries. But I like the East West Libraries.

Has anyone this issue too or am I the only one . Hope someone can help me out. Thanx in advatange.

Lao

3. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

What Kontakt version are you using? (Could also be a specific version of Kontakt causing problems)

I had this happen to me. It must be a registration issue. It happened when I formatted and re-installed and had the samples in (re-saved) compressed .ncw in another drive to save space. I installed it normally and pointed to the samples... It was a mess. Some showed Demo, some were added and removed from Service Center/tabs right on closing Kontakt... Short story: I deleted and re-installed everything. So, I'd say to keep the samples as they are and do a proper registration and don't move them around/leave them where you installed them (as you're also likely to be asked to point to them [their folder] for every single instance of Kontakt getting loaded...). If you have the original packed sample files (2GB part monoliths or whatever), it can be added but it still needs registration.

Have you registered them properly?

East West Gold should be in C:/Program Files (x86)/East West. I think all the samples are in the installation folder (around 14GB?). It's been some time since I last used that.

You don't need the VST plug-ins. Those are for the Kompakt version and can get de-registered way more easily (unless you want the presets, that is). They can be deleted safely (not to mention they must be duplicates both in EW installation folder and your master plug-ins folder).

4. Lao

Lao Newbie

First I got Kontakt 5.3. I tried everything to fix it. At the end I was so angry that I delete all East West Libraries. I tried to install the Library Instruments only but I couldnt find it anywhere on my harddisk. I have checked it in the (x86)/East West folder...not there. Maybe it has something with native instruments / Service center or other VST Plugins from Native that I have installed.Oh my goodness. I dont have prob with other libraries only East West Libraries mess around with me.

5. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

After installing the library, you should always do a batch re-save, which might help in your case. Also, I believe your EastWest (Symphony Orchestra?) is in an older Kontakt format. If you have multiple versions of Kontakt, like 4 & 5 (like I do), batch re-save it in Kontakt 4. You'll still be able to open it in 5, but it'll have been re-saved in 4, so you'd be able to use it in either version.

The main reason I still use 4 is because I haven't used a version of 5 that hasn't been buggy. You might want to try using 4, although you won't have 64-bit capabilities. I have 5 mainly because there's a few libraries out there that won't run in anything earlier. So far, those libraries seem to run okay.

6. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

Ok, since I formatted recently I had to re-install Kontakt. Since it was a new install I jumped directly to the latest version (5.4.3). I got EWQLSO all installed and registered. Most stuff was loaded ok in the library tab but EWQLSO and Stormdrum wouldn't show. I could add them and they would play properly (or load the .nkis individually) but upon re-opening Kontakt they would disappear. (The registration works whether it shows in Kontakt or not; you can re-add it and it will show and play properly 'till you restart Kontakt when it will be disassociated and show up as Demo despite the fact that it's still registered... :dunno: )

So, since I remembered that it definitely worked in the previous installation (in which I think I started with 5.0.3) I started uninstalling and installing previous versions to see when (and if) it would show up. To cut it short, when I installed the 5.0.3 version it showed up in the Library Tab by itself.

So, there is something (probably registry-related) that gets badly written/read/associated with the versions after 5.0.3. So, just install 5.0.3 first and update from there.

While the newer versions don't read it properly by themselves, I think that if you install 5.0.3 first and update from there they will still show up for whatever reason (I think that's true at least from 5.0.3 to 5.1 if I remember correctly; I haven't tested with anything newer but it should work).

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

[Edit: It still works following this upgrade path Kontakt 5.0.3 > Kontakt 5.1 > Kontakt 5.4.3; it should also work by jumping from 5.0.3 to 5.4.3]

7. alyanni

alyanni Newbie

BIG QUESTION

I`m asking this one cause I haven`t be able to know why is this?
    Anyone has download some library and right after that, the library dosen`t run; and

that's why lib it was created in a newer version of Kontakt. OK.
    I guess anyone here, have updated the most recent version of kontakt and after that the

instruments that didn`t play now do; meanwhile some numbers of libraryes are just missing

out. So, you fix one problem but added 2.
    What is the real cause that kontakt forced us to stay as a hostages under diferent

version when we try to upload so many and varied libraryes???

thanks very much indeed