Easiest way to fail playing "jazz"

Discussion in 'Education' started by retsoff119, Apr 16, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retsoff119

retsoff119 Kapellmeister

Yop !
    And prayer book should be a nice one !
    The position counts a lot when opening this kind of prayer's book :
    The ass has to be ready for the kick ,playing this kind of music with this kind of musicians requires some mastery otherwise
    your butt gets severely toasted ! LOL !
    Little like in a circus going in the lion's cage front of an audience , better be prepared ...

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. [/QUOTE]
    I wish that I could give a listen but unfortunately I cannot get with your link on my tablet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

To remove any theoretical doubt which I still see no point in saying, of the music above, the first part is from this soli which is actually two pages long. So yeah, I kinda know my theory pretty well. The pianist wanted to kill me. This is my part. It's a latin-jazz mambo, not a swing tune, around 105bpm.
    The reason I say there is no point is because even if I did not write this which I did, I could still hear the ability necessary to play it.
    upload_2018-4-18_0-45-58.png

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2018
  4. Pagurida

Pagurida Producer

Thank you, Sir! I'm curious now!

5. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

I get it but as I said, truth is the new hate. So rather than tell the truth if that is the only option, say nothing is my point :)

6. retsoff119

retsoff119 Kapellmeister

I am not surprised :)
    It is a chance to meet a musician of your experience , skill and level on a forum, or in real life .

7. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

@Pagurida
    Absolutely not !!!!!!
    I would run if someone did that in person.
    Draw your own conclusions.

8. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

I am about to run. I came to help and all I have done is hinder Retsoff...
    So they really all need to work out what is right and wrong by themselves and how jazz is taught.
    For all the crap they gave Foster, he was spot on about one thing, the ears are the best tool in any musician's toolkit.
    Without them in a fully improvised environment in jazz where no key or harmonic structure is given, nothing but a musician's ears will save them. All the theory in the world will not save them if they cannot hear what the key and harmony is.

It would not matter who has done what. People need to stand up and question anything and not be gullible to take me, you or anyone at face value if they say anything is the only way to do it.
    The proof is in the music. If they learn nothing else, if anyone says this is how you do it, make sure they can back it up and play what they teach.
    Anyway I am getting really busy with research and other music stuff so it's probably just as well that I won't have time anymore which should make some people happy. :)
    Ciao

9. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

really? that is what you think?

10. retsoff119

retsoff119 Kapellmeister

11. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Did you get the impression that i thought you and bassdude have the same username er?
    I never said they were yours bud sorry for the confusion.( that you are inventing things not there)

No tricks EXCEPT a whole lot of assumptions made on your part, that you pulled out of thin air.
    (that is not a trick?)
    are you honestly saying your brain makes those assumptions up without you recognizing that you are even doing it?
    go look back and see what I said i said i like the track (never said you made it)
    i said it reminds me of Coltrane in his army band days (not that the music is constructed with similar techniques that is obvious)
    however you posted it so i responded to what you posted.
    next me saying that i like it and what it reminds me of has any connection to your assumptions?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  12. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

The last one took 24hrs to come back with a mail delivery subsystem error lmao

"It's out there in the cloud..........."

PM me tomorrow I am on a different time-zone to you. That is if you still do not have it :)

P.S - In saying the above I cannot see how anyone can agree that you have nothing in your actual email inbox unless they also can see it and know your real name and have jacked it lol - It kind of says a lot about who is attacking who. Maybe you should do what they do and report them for starting trouble. Why not? It's not like they would not. AND - keep ignoring them, just complain if they do it. Ninja or Saint whomever it is has said what is good for the goose is good for the gander :winker: - later)

I'll give you one guess who agrees you have nothing in your email inbox. It also proves that someone actually does not read things properly and assumes which I got hauled over the coals for pointing out. They are so eager to try and discredit you and make out you have no friends which you have many, because you know who they are. Nonetheless, ignore it.

13. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

well, if this person is so godly shouldn't they be bestowing their amazing wisdom and knowledge on us like barry harris would? or is he a step above that? too good for the poor common folk? i have no gold coins to pay tribute mi, lord
    I cannot see any of bassdudes comments because he is ignored. that is the consequence of his actions to choose ambiguous trolling 100 times in a row when attempting normal conversation over and over with him. I will have to rely on someone else quoting him if anything worth mentioning comes up on his part.
    I am willing to stop ignoring him at any time he wants to treat me like a human being.
    he should create a thread demonstrating his superior knowledge so we can all tell him he is god in human form. ( or are we all just people?)
    [​IMG]

14. retsoff119

retsoff119 Kapellmeister

You misunderstand me :
    I simply ask you to tell me the chords of the first 16 bars off bassdude's music , it is you the expert .
    And i say this challenge is an easy one there are no special tricks within those bars :
    Roman numerals , chord symbols , origin , one of the three .
    If you are something else than a parrot , if you know enough about jazz so you pretend to know it's theory and how this works
    this simple little quizz should be easy (just tell me where it's coming from if you don't want to use chord symbols or roman numerals ,
    you see i make it as easy as it can be :
    Those chords fall right in the category that you are explaining .
    Easy for a jazz musician , another thing for the parrot ...

15. retsoff119

retsoff119 Kapellmeister

to parrot :
    Hard to hear bassdude and read him if at the same time you have it ignored .Makes sense ? kind of obvious to me .
    (Like the chords of the first song i ask u to figure out )
    Hard time figuring the chords you are teaching ?
    Need help maybe ?
    Feel good with this ? everything OK ?
    Take your time , ask someone else maybe .

16. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

okay, my mistake if i misunderstood my bad.I hold no grudge

what, now you are my middle school gym teacher/ band teacher?
    insulting and making demands or else? what i have to do 35 pushups?

It is not about what is "easy" or not.

you want to play games? I can play games too.

are you willing to answer insulting demands of mine?

lets say i even remove the insults part and just demand you to answer "quizzes" of mine to deem you worthy enough for conversation, am I treating you like some unworthy peasant that must pay tribute in gold coins?

you think i don't know standards? all the quotes he made in his tracks? differentiating tonal vs modal?

this is a joke right? listen to it! it right there! if you play the track the chords are right there what are yo asking? to call me names and make demands and you expect me to bow before you and give in to demands based on insults? would YOU do it if I demanded of you in belligerent ways?

17. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

I wish that I could give a listen but unfortunately I cannot get with your link on my tablet.

Thats a real pity @superliquidsunshine , its :chilling: and :cool:

I had to turn adobe on..

18. retsoff119

retsoff119 Kapellmeister

No insults , just give me the chords .
    GAME OVER ! GIVE THE DAMN CHORDS .
    NO GYM TEACHER !
    YOU DON'T NEED TO COME POSTING HERE ON THIS THREAD I OPENED .
    YOU TEACH THESE CHORDS !
    CAN'T YOU RECOGNIZE THEM
    I JUST PM BASS DUDE GIVING HIM THE CHORDS .
    SO SHUT THE F... You Miserable fake
    SHAME ON YOU !!!

AND MODS NOW DON'T SHUT ME DOWN BECAUSE SOMEOONE IS GIVING ME SHIT ON MY THREAD PLEASE !
    ENOUGH OF THIS BULLSHIT FROM A USURPER PARROT !:trolls:

19. I've got the Android tablet blues.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Retsoff - STOP please.
    If I was a moderator I'd think seriously about removing this entire thread.

Nobody is above the music. EVERYONE missed this. You have singled me out. I only care about the MUSIC being shown the RIGHT way. scrw me, screw MMJ, screw any individual. It's ALWAYS about the music.
    My issue is that he is completely wrong in method and should never have said he was qualified and then could not support it with hard evidence which any musician in any style will always assess. It is about the MUSIC - not about anyone and if the music is wrong I will always arc up.
    GTG

We know what he is and Ninja warned everyone. I would not blame him one bit if he severed the entire thread now. I asked you three times. I am still your friend but you need to stop please.
    Any chance of Ninja or any moderator acting on your behalf for some time has been thrown out the window. You would need to do ten posts now with all of them being attacked before they would listen to it as being a genuine complaint. :(