Easiest way to fail playing "jazz"

Discussion in 'Education' started by retsoff119, Apr 16, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Oh you are quick today....
    :rofl:

2. pine

pine Ultrasonic

There's a certain group of snotty men-child on this forum. Obviously, they can't let go or respect the fact that someone doesn't follow 'their' rules when it comes to learning/teaching jazz (or anything, really), which is kind of ironic 'cause it goes against one of the pillars of jazz: not conforming with the norms.

They keep wasting their time trying to bring this person down. Mockery, boasting and nasty, cheap insults are their weapons of choice. Rarely have I seen these people help or construct, they seem to be inclined to bring down and destroy.

We all knew that kid that doesn't have fun or allow others to do it, right? That's the saddest part, really, because according to one of their raging posts in a related thread, they have been musicians for XX years. These people are old and bitter, it's no teen kid raging against the world.

They also seem to take every opportunity to boast, their egos don't allow them to share their view without bringing up their 'status'. Man, at this point your achievements are irrelevant to me, your lack of respect towards someone who is sharing their process tells me all I need to know about you. We all know that guy who, no matter how talented, you can't work with, right? These people seem to fit the category.

Enough about it. Hope all of you have a nice day.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Absolutely, name calling is weak and never a positive in any argument as it only serves to belittle the one pointing the finger and cannot be used to support an argument. People will always disagee concerning ideas which discuss art and education and hopefully always will have the forum to do so. I myself completely disagree with the way that the topic of theory has been explained in another thread as so much gobblygook, but it doesn't mean that someone else might parse knowledge from those posts. I came, I saw, I bailed after my personal opinion that it wasn't for me, those examples make my head swim...period. Nobody is forcing me to visit there any longer. Creating a demeaning thread is counterproductive to your stated goal of educating in the correct fashion that you expound...which I have seen none of in the way of concise and classical examples so far as yet, to use this time to help the newbies that could your knowkedge in good guidence to achieve their goal of playing jazz.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

When i meant create your own thread to express your interpretation of Jazz, especially theories i dont recall telling you to troll another thread or to belittle our members here. So i say lets try it again.

Edit:Thread Cleaned up

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I like it: If the sentances are from you then you're a genius.

6. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Even I knew when the thread was posted it was inflammatory. If you were a good moderator you would have pulled the thread down immediately and been proactive instead of reactive.
    It would have solved the problem immediately.

They are and I am no genius. Intelligent but no genius. Thanks for a compliment though beyond my true skill.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2018
  7. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Nah, suppression only leads to new problems and i rather deal with things in front of me, im in no need to jump the gun

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. retsoff119

retsoff119 Kapellmeister

This is Bassdude's music ! and writing (it does not show clearly it's a quote) :

"Here are excerpts of two CD's I did 10-20 years ago. They show the electric and acoustic of some of the "Soli" aspects [written solos on more than one instrument], ensemble aspects and improvisation aspects as well as some freestyle playing in an ensemble and various facets of many in jazz, but not all. I am in a different writing space now as can be heard on the last CD after these and I am in a different space yet again since then. A stasis is not conducive to progression. It is important to break new boundaries but in doing that staying true to the principles of the foundation of the very boundaries a person wishes to extend.
    I do not expect anyone to like them, that is personal taste which I completely expect and respect.
    The proof is in the demonstrable performance. I can back up anything in music that I tell anyone and if I cannot back it up, I STFU. It is the right way to do it.
    I would NEVER say it is the only way to do it, that would make me a fool if I did that, nor would I say do it a certain way if I could not do it myself."

[/QUOTE]

Man ! Man ! Man !
    You bast... !
    Thanks for posting this :crazy::speaker:, i know who you are and that you are "up there":keys: ,thank you for suddenly pulling up the level in such
    a way ! Class ...
    You r a mot... !!!
    Cheers !

9. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

If you read the first post, you would have seen it immediately that it was exactly what your reasons here state
    "What was right in front of you".

10. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Give it time and you will see what i mean. :bow:

11. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Man ! Man ! Man !
    You bast... !
    Thanks for posting this , i know who you are and that you are "up there" ,thank you for suddenly pulling up the level in such
    a way ! Class ...
    You r a mot... !!!
    Cheers ![/QUOTE]

Thanks.
    See your PM. I found where he got his info from. That's why parrot was not an insult.
    Do not get involved anymore :)

We can create a private discussion group off the forums. Makes life much easier because everyone is on the same page. Then do the email thing and remove ourselves completely. The rest deserve to find out the hard way :)

12. retsoff119

retsoff119 Kapellmeister

Thanks.
    See your PM. I found where he got his info from. That's why parrot was not an insult.
    Do not get involved anymore :)

We can create a private discussion group off the forums. Makes life much easier because everyone is on the same page. Then do the email thing and remove ourselves completely. The rest deserve to find out the hard way :)

A[/QUOTE]
    See your pm , my mail service is out from reach so i can't get you message , sorry for that.

13. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

what do you mean here?
    just tell me straight out if you have something to say.
    (pretty interesting music tracks by the way i like it,reminds me of john coltrane's army band days)

14. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

I will give you what I believe you have given me - The benefit of the doubt because I believe from your insinuation, that the same rule applies for all, even with a couple of non-moderators that profess to be able to have some people banned that are not moderators :)
    What I have found is when I have been in a situation where that was technically true, there is no way I would abuse that privilege by spouting it. - that is whatever word that is acceptable to you to indicate completely and totally lacking in any common sense. :)

15. retsoff119

retsoff119 Kapellmeister

The quote is not mine ...
    The tracks are not mine , they are Bassdude's .
    I see reading your commentaries that you did not listen to them comparing his tracks to Trane's beginnings .
    They are other noticeable things to say about his tracks .
    Influences , style and once again an easy challenge for the master :
    Chords of the 16 bars (their origin also) they scream in the ear of every jazz musician so you see i was friendly with you , no tricks there !

(Bassdude level is so much beyond your abilities that you can't even hear it .)
    Shame .

16. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Retsoff please - I want to support you and I know we both come from the period of where they threw cymbals at people's feet, but in saying that, this is the new P.C world where the truth is hate mail and people only want the truth they want to hear.
    So I cannot stand up and support if you do not ignore it as much as I know where you are coming from. It is your thread and I totally respect that, but it does not matter what he thinks. Isn't the main issue that we can put something up and support and he does not of his own that supports anything he says, that is close to being anything anyone in the world calls jazz? That says plenty.
    It screams. I should have got that 36 hours ago.
    The fact that his ears are not well enough trained is not your responsibility or mine that he cannot hear how good someone is and in my case he won't because his ego stops him from admitting anything that might say he was even remotely wrong. I love your music head, but we REALLY need to say nothing. Ignore him. Please?

One great saying: "Sometimes knowing is enough" :)

17. Pagurida

Pagurida Producer

From now on, do we always have to kneel down and open our prayer books with each of his comments?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

wow really?

19. retsoff119

retsoff119 Kapellmeister

Sure , but his comment was about your words and music that he thought were mine .
    One opportunity to listen and learn missed once more , normal .
    Understand me , i have seen that when something isn't right you go in also lol ! :)

20. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

P.S - The CD with whatever negativity which I could not care less about ,was nominated for Jazz CD of the year. People tend not to nominate crap in jazz, so nothing more needs to be said. Let him say whatever. Regardless of what anyone thinks of me, he will be putting crap on the abilities of some of the people he put videos up of that assessed it. Let it go. That single action shows more than enough.