Earth, Wind & Fire - Can't Hide Love - looking to make a take

Discussion in 'Music' started by Moleman, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

i'm looking forward to redo this song (instrumental) so i need transcripts and tabs of all instruments playing in this song! anyone willing to help is much appreciated. so far i was able to find a bass tab part for it on youtube, so i'll need some help all the rest.

so if any of you can link or post instrumental parts as midi or score, just anything... will be very much appreciated. i'm looking forward to record and play all instrumental as close as possible to create a playback/backing track of this song. there will be a lot of research "by ear" etc

any help is welcome, need some advice on instrumental parts.. who is doing what here and there etc

i went through a few of "covers" made by others of this song on youtube.. instrumental sounded sorta ok, but not really like it. main KEY and BPM were different. (probably to accomotade the pefromers covering this song) Sothe covers of that song on youtube there was a SIGNIFICANT difference in instrument "distribution" esp at those main hitting trumpet/chords., definitely did NOT sound like the original by EWF, regarding vocals ive heard .. well uhh thats a whole diff story (i don't want to comment vocal covers and say something i will not regret) because catching Bailey's falsetto is not an easy task

my goal is: to recreate/replicate the instrumental playback AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE TO THE ORIGINAL, including the SOUND FLAVOR, FEELING and GROOVE

here is stuff i have at my disposal:

a 1978 Jazz bass - that i will play and record myself
    brass NI libraries that i will lay down and record to be as close as possible
    rhodes piano i will use from best libraries
    superior drummer 2 etc
    what else.. i have uad to mix it all up etc

first stage: i will pickup and record the drums and bass part to stay as close as possible to 1:1 to the original song as you hear it , thats the first step.. then all the rest, i will post mp3 in here as i progress

whats the bpm?

any help is very much appreciated, lets do this for the music and fun TIA

i know this may sound like one guy is willing to build a cathedral, well im motivated for it and will do it as best as i could. as currently im working, this will take MONTHS so if you are interrested just follow up this post.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  3. justsomerandomdude

justsomerandomdude Platinum Record

4. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

Try Zplane DeCoda, which is currently on sale. It seems like a great tool that makes transcribing whole songs a lot easier.

5. zib

zib Platinum Record