earn on the names of famous producers

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by manhill, Dec 8, 2020.

1. manhill

manhill Member

I noticed that firms such as Freshly squeezed and Myloops release sapmples that were created by well-known producers to sell them well. but in fact, all these packs are monotonous and it is clear that they were not created by famous producers. All samples sound the same. even these producers themselves do not use these packs.also we are told that these samples which they personally use in their tracks. but all this is a lie because these samples sound terrible
    what are yout thoughts

3. virusg

virusg Rock Star

well, its really old news, since Vipezone times then Vengeance and so on, they mostly ripped (chopped) samples from tracks already released for they to make big releases, as they put the foundations of the company they started to make their own stuff but now in the wild and vast world of samples there are sounds thet are not created by them and still selled as their own, in the past ive pointed that my self after downloading a pack (vengeance)and i remember saw Brooklin Bounce as artist on a kick, there was alot of them ripped ... they all keep repeating those samples and rip them from one to another, Vengeance, Freshly Squized, Myloops, Sonic Academy and so on ...they are unable to make their own stuff because creating something from scratch is very very hard, doing unique single samples is a really time consuming thing and for them is easy to just rip, compress, eq a sound then call their own in order to make a quick pack and sell it right away ...this is a machine going on, if they stop releasing they die ...

4. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Also, Vengeance does sample packs in 44100 Hz, 16 bit, but if you analyse samples, they are real mp3. They don't sound too bad at all, but in the mix all this lossified stuff starts to soumd without any detail, kicks and hats have no quality at high-freq area, noisy, and transient-less.... Side channels are bubbling/watery sound.... No quality at all, since their first pack up to latest.... There are some good shots without lossified sound, but you need to find them carefully and listen-thru... Also, they are not higher than 16 bit.... Don't remember whether they are dithered or not, but in the mix all the shit is cumulative and gets annoying sounding....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

There are a LOT more capitalist market tricks.

Like using producers as website background, pretending one pack was made by "well known producers" but without ANY name drop of course, repacking free/paid presets with your OWN name on it, more Nexus repacks and such ...

Industry Kit / SSO is well known for that tricks. I smelled it since day one.
    Not ppl buying anything written "pro" or "industry" on it ... :cool: