eaReckon - TransReckon is out now!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by davea, Jul 5, 2014.

1. davea

davea Platinum Record

:headbang:

3. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

HEEEEEEL YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAA!!! :headbang: (j.j. :mates: )

Two bad there's too many transient shapers out there.

I'm gonna check the demo and see what's greater on this one (compared with the one from FXpansion, because it's the only one with extra shaping controls and features alike).

4. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Try the good old Dominion freeware, too.
    http://www.digitalfishphones.com/main.php?item=2&subItem=4
    It totally ripped SPL one when i compared them :rofl:

For ppl wondering what are transient shapers, there are like compressors, but working on level VARIATIONS instead of INSTANT value.

When you use a compressor, it detects a value to trigger (RMS, peak...whatever). Threshold is fixed.
    Transient shaper detect a SPIKE, compared to a previous more "linear" signal. Value is not important, it is the DIFFERENCE that count. So you don't need to set a threshold ;) Even if drums levels are "waving", it will detect the same.

And so, you can add/remove ambience more easily, add/remove "snap" too. A lot more controls than with "analog like" detectors ,like optro.

5. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Maybe they sound the same, but feature-wise SPL one is kinda limited regarding flexibility. This one(Transrekon) and the one from FXPansion(DCAM EnvShaper) are ones of the most flexible transient designers IMO due to their extra features. :dunno:

I demoed Transrekon, also bringing in the EnvShaper from FXPansion to compare them, matching levels, etc. but i still prefer the EnvShaper more because it helped me achieve the desired effect faster than the Transrekon one and it also sounded a bit fatter with the saturation button enganged.

I end up using the HP filter(to leave the bottom untouched by the effect) , saturation button and mix knob of EnvShaper alot, things which Transrekon lacks.

It's still a nice transient designer though, if you don't mind using extra ways of achieving the things which you can achieve in just one instance of EnvShaper.

6. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

I was saying EVEN Dominion is better than SPL (very limited for sure), and it is free :wink:

7. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Thanks alot for this alternative. :bow:
    I love freebies because they are the only loyal tools which are always there by your side even when you get through some bad situations in your life. When you have freebies with you, being rich or poor doesn't matter anymore and also some of them are as good as the most expensive ones. :mates:
    That's why i asked XSZE to pin the "starting with 0 bucks" thread.