durable mechanical drive? (for download use)

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by EddieXx, Jun 26, 2022.

1. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

I always have a separate drive for downloads. never use my OS drive for it since downloads are extremely wearing, forget about torrents...

So yesterday night my last DL drive went dead after a long time in service.

I dont need a very big drive (250gb, 500gb) or super fast one, absolutely not an ssd unless there is not price difference or other reason.

have you knowledge or experience with brands or types of current drives that are durable/lasting taking a lot of writing specifically? Cheers

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I use Lacie 4tb Rugged external usb 3.0/thunderbolt 3 hdds. for everything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. VisionSierra

VisionSierra Ultrasonic

I've been using the WD EasyStore brand for years. They have whats called "white label" red drive in them. Red drives are typically used in data centers, they are made to last and to stay on for long periods. The white drives of the red variant are the more affordable ones on the market. They have a 14 TB one thats always on sale. Like this one is right now. https://amzn.to/3HUbLTb

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List