Duplicate notes to adjacent bar using Logical Editor

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by MisterCrayle, Feb 22, 2023.

1. MisterCrayle

MisterCrayle Newbie

So, I managed to slightly figure out how to achieve this using the not-so-Logical Editor. I have it to where whatever MIDI notes that are selected, it will duplicate it onto the next specified bar.

Here's the logic for this function : https://i.ibb.co/v3QbyRT/Untitled.png

The problem with this command is that it is fixed to the bar you specify. Let's use the image as an example; the Parameter is set to 1.0.0. 0, which means that starting from the first MIDI note, it will duplicate what you have 1 bar over — set it to 2.0.0. 0, it will duplicate it 2 bars over and so on. The shitty thing about this is that say you have a 2 or 4 bar pattern, the 1.0.0. 0 Parameter won't really work on that because since it starts from the 1st note, it will duplicate the whole 2 or 4 bar pattern only 1 bar over from the starting note which ultimately means you have to set independent commands for any given pattern length. Wanna duplicate a 4 bar pattern to the adjacent bar? You have to create another command using 4.0.0. 0 as the Parameter.

With all that said, is there any way to get the Logical Editor to function as if normally duplicating but instead of duplicating exactly after the last note of a MIDI pattern, it does it at the adjacent bar?

Hopefully someone here can tinker with the Logical Editor using the template I linked and possibly find the solution....!

3. brazytupac

brazytupac Member

not sure, u can join the cubase live sessions on youtube and ask the host.