Duende Native Any Help Appreciated!

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Rakbeatzz, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Rakbeatzz

Rakbeatzz Member

I have the Duende Native plugins (mac), and the two plugins that I have are the buss compressor, and the channel strip eq. I've used the Openshh dylib to use the libraries in accordance to the file. My problem is that my channel strip eq will not pass au validation, and crashes Logic X when using in stereo mode, but the mono instance loads without issue. If anyone have a solution to this, I would really appreciate the info. Thanks in advance.

3. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

What version of Duende Native are you using, and are they legit?

4. Rakbeatzz

Rakbeatzz Member

I am using 5.1.1 Yes they are legit.

5. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

As far as i am concerned, you can either use your legit ilock plug-ins or the openshh crack plug-ins. You can't have both.

6. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

I have 2 iLok 2s and the openssh libfile installed. Everything is working like a charm here. The pace fusion apps are "trapped" by the libfile and the other ones not using this are relying on my iLoks. :dancing: All is fine!

7. Rakbeatzz

Rakbeatzz Member

Understood, however the only thing that happened was the change of the dylib. The SSL Channel strip was working fine before that, and all of the other plugins openshh/ilok 2 are working fine. Just have to wait for a solution. Thanks for the replies.

8. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

Hey Rakbeatzz!
    Since I have installed the Solid State Logic plugins lately I can reproduce this behavior, too! I have legit SSL Drumstrip and Bus Compressor and the other plugins are demos which still run for some time. Also I have the openssh dylib installed and I'm on Logic Pro X, too.
    The SSL Channel Strip Stereo is the only plugin that is not working here, too. However the mono IS working.
    In order to get the Channel Strip Stereo running there are two solutions from which I have tried the first one:
    1. Use the vst plugin within Blue Cat Audio's Patchwork. This is running fine here. However you will have to open an instance of BC Patchwork everytime you want to insert the Channel Strip Stereo. But you could create a preset so it will work a little faster.
    2. The other solution you can try (I haven't yet) is to modify the plugins and host dylib path like described here in the forum:
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/use-openssh-plugs-without-modifying-system.19163/
    Surely you will have to put the original dylib back into the folder first. But this is a lot of work. And you will have to modify Logic Pro X too.
    What you could try though is leaving the openssh dylib in the folder and modify only the Channel Strip Stereo dylib path to use the original dylib you have put in another place like described in the link. This might work. Perhaps I will try this, too. But since my demo licenses expire soon anyway, I don't know if I'll do that. I also have UAD's Neve 88RS Channel Strip if I really want to use a Channel Strip...

Hope this helped you!
    Please report back if it worked!!

9. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

By the way, if you want to try the second solution please make sure to read the whole thread from the link. Because the way to do it in the first post is obviously more complicated than the following one posted by copylefter.

10. Rakbeatzz

Rakbeatzz Member

Thanks Hans, really appreciate the details. I have been using the Blue Cat Audio Patchwork, but I want to use the Channel strip straight forward. I too have the UAD 88rs Neve strip, just haven't dug under the hood yet.

I will check out the link that you have graciously provided, really cool thanks. I will get back to you with details of whether it solved it or not. Thanks a million.

UPDATE: I'd clicked on the link that you've provided and even downloaded Hex friend, which with my limited experience, couldn't view the hidden file. When that didn't work I headed over to find out some info about Mach-O which was referred by Copylefter, which I had no clue as to what it meant. Data entries are not very easy for me.

I guess I'll have to stick to the Blu Cat Audio method unless/until someone either patches the file, or give a step by step tutorial of the entries.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  11. Rakbeatzz

Rakbeatzz Member

Meant to add a Thanks again Hans.

12. Hans242

Hans242 Producer

Maybe you can ask copylefter himself for help...

13. Rakbeatzz

Rakbeatzz Member

Thanks Hans

14. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Hex friend? :thumbsdown: I know only Hex Fiend!
    Which hidden file are you talking about?
    - There are several tools for MAC to view hidden files, such as Wizzard, iShow Invisible etc...
    - If you have to patch a binary you have to go to the Plug-In > Show Package Contents" > Contents > MacOS
    - Extract or copy the binary file, open it with Hex Fiend, patch it.
    - After this insert it back to the original location, overwriting the un-patched one.
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

15. Rakbeatzz

Rakbeatzz Member

Hi Cook. Thanks for the response. I'd thought the name was Hex Friend because that's what it was called in a forum, understood though.

My failed attempt was to open the au with the Hex Fiend via the show package, Mac OS etc. and change the dylib... name within the au, again it just crashed the DAW. I really can't figure this out as I am more musically inclined than technical. It's just strange to me that the mono Channel Strip works, but not the 64x Stereo.

PS. The actual problem is the Patching process within the Hex Fiend.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  16. Sergex

Sergex Newbie

Hello everyone! And good evening, I know it's been a long time since you last spoke about the openssh method, but my question is this: how did you make Solid State Logic v.5.1.1 work with the openssh method? introduced openssh dlyb, no changes from original system, works perfectly with softube plugins but not with Sonnox Native or Solid State Logic v.5.1.1, i am working on OS X Mojave 10.14.6 Thanks and regards!