Dual screen monitors vs one large monitor

Discussion in 'Studio' started by Von_Steyr, Apr 1, 2016.

1. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star

Two monitors let you follow tutorials, also much better if you work with video.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  2. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

i love having two screens

one fhd and one is 1600x1200, which makes old vsts look bigger and easier to see

both monitors are 22 inch and work well with ableton dualscreen mode

better would be two 27 inch monitors but i love this current setup

3. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

I prefer 3 screen or one big.
    The issue with 2 screens is that when mixing music, your head never points to the mid ;)
    Besides that it is less ergonomic...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  4. Klaviernatum

Klaviernatum Member

I prefer to use a projector, and touch screens.

5. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Anyone using those LG 34 inch screens?

6. Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight Kapellmeister

I use a 32" (it was under $200) and it does the trick but there are a few times I wish I had another monitor for my mix window in PT. I dont use mix view enough to justify making the space or spending the money. That money could be used on SSD drives or more storage for backups or new drives for more virtual instruments and such...geez it could be used on more ram or any number of things that come to mind. Dual is fun but not remotely needed unless you do video/audio at the same time or something that truly requires it.

7. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I use 3 24" 1080p monitors. I use Ableton and rewire in Reason and have Ableton arranegement window, mixer window and Reason rack on their own monitors. I find it helps workflow having things on their own monitors and not having to open and close windows or keep resizing things. Also, when using plugins, there's plenty of space for them without blocking everything on screen.

8. BBSiteUser

BBSiteUser Producer

Nice, unfortunately your arms will always be between your eyes and the spot you wanna look at. secondly you'll need touch-specific apps or the tiny switches, knobs and drop down combos in any DAW, graphic or technical software will drive you bonkers.

I have worked a lot with a 27" Cintiq ... nice with Photoshop and a stylus, but a mere touch display: forget it

9. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

I use the touch screens mainly for Usine and EmulatorPro. Also a custom on-screen dynamic keyboard with one-touch shortcuts for Reaper. I dont experience problems with viability (and i dont have transparent hands or xRay vision :) ). The 27"screen is big enough to work without any particular difficulty with the most VST/i's.. it doesnt replace the mouse (trackball in my case) but it gives me alot of possibilities for control and ergonomic display layout configurations. This is my own experience, i'm using the touch setup for two years already and it fits me the most time. I have a plan to expand with some of the XKeys devices and some flying fader control (Icon qCon Pro X or Asparion D400). Until then the two BCR'2000s are reaching where the touch screens fails, giving me some tactile control at the same time.