Dual-Mono / Split Channel in S1 Splitter

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Retrolize77, Jan 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Retrolize77

Retrolize77 Audiosexual

For my ears, it sounds like the overall tone on mixbus makes a subtle shift to a more wider, more dimensional depth & less centered soundstage. Can somefirm confirm or made similar experiences? Please let me know.

3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

That's my experience with anything dual-mono.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Retrolize77

Retrolize77 Audiosexual

Yeah, sometimes stuff like the vertigo vsc comp in dualmono mode is capable of interesting effects on mixbus.
    But this splitter effect is something else, very subtle. Hmm?
    I remember opening a thread about dual mono 1-2 years ago, @Satai made an interesting statement about it. Have to review.
    Still curious why its such a unspoken theme in the net, this dual mono mixbus thing. Maybe because its redundant? Lol dunno

5. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Haha. Strange.
    It's a thing in the box now because it always was a thing. Employ it or not.
    If you've ever done your 2tr bounce using the same mixing desk, you would have been coming back in on 2 stereo channels, each with its own individual EQ and compression components.
    Why have a compressor responding to the peaks of one side more than the other? etc.

Even mono-based dance stuff with stereo fx on things and stereo processing can benefit from it.
    But sometimes you may not want that level of irregularity of information on a certain genre, imo.

'Great minds though think alike' mate, because I have been thinking about this the last few days and then you posted this thread!

6. Retrolize77

Retrolize77 Audiosexual

I think @noavenger had the solution for the change of tonality on mixbus in dualmono: its about the pannning law. And i yet have to understand what it do.check this article, i gotta read in depth lateron:
    https://samplecraze.com/2019/01/02/the-pan-law/

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List