Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (Logic X remake produced by Insight)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Insight_the_Boss, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Insight_the_Boss

Insight_the_Boss Kapellmeister

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. TaxiDriver

TaxiDriver Platinum Record

Very nice!

Like the piano very much..! Sounds very close to the original (I think is panned a little left there), but the stereo spread is nice. Would really like to know, how you made that (piano) sound, if it isn't a secret..;) Layers?

Cant say much about the bass (no expert on that). I have a feeling that it has a bit more sustain and less attack (a little SC?)

She has IMO a superb production team, so it's quite hard to nail it.. so, a very good job indeed! :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Insight_the_Boss

Insight_the_Boss Kapellmeister

thanks ! Glad you liked it ))

I showed how I made that piano at 0:35. Nothing special, just right EQ-ing + reverb and a little bit saturation. And there are no layers as you can see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. TaxiDriver

TaxiDriver Platinum Record

Oh, gosh.. lately I can't see the YT red PLAY button on videos posted (don't know if its just me) ..thought it was just a picture. Only now I went through the video. Was asking because I used to blend a tad of a housey M1 on top of the grand to get those freq. Really clever use of EQ - sits perfectly in the mix imo. :yes:

Thank you for sharing!

6. ryck

ryck Guest

Hey ! Very good. Good music!!
    I like tone the bass...good punch :wink: