DSP563xx Emulator. Finally some real progress (Access Virus, Nord Lead, TC PowerCore, Waldorf MW...)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ayahuasca, Apr 7, 2021.

1. visitor

visitor Guest

So, legally, this is essentially like emulators and ROMs of old video-games where it's like "look, we're just giving you the tools, we're not telling you what to do with them hint hint wink wink" . The ROM's don't come with the emulator, but you'll find them if you know where to look and, well, if you just happen to load them into the emulator, that's on you :dunno::winker:

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Roboto

Roboto Producer

:)

3. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

I really hope you get this thing finished, If you ever get the donation running, ill be definitely give you some money. Innovation, research and technology is just so cool, something that I couldnt handle.

4. Noss

Noss Member

We can all agree that any project can't start or progress without some money at somepoint. I would like to offer help but I have no skill in programation however I can help with graphics for Skins/GUI (I studied in Design Graphic), I have also a Virus Ti Snow. Im ready to give some money for the project too.

5. 80hz

80hz Member

I have a Virus TI2 as well as a T.C. Electronics Powercore Pci-e card with the Virus software, and have most of the banks ever made for them both. Definitely interested in this, since Big Sur no longer supports TI Software, I'm game for this effort.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Xentero

Xentero Newbie

can you upload the banks my guy? thanks a lot!

7. Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca Rock Star

Does this offer still stand? Could do with a few more photos :)

8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Challenge accepted :wink:

And I'm not even into synths. But this is too cool to miss :rofl:

9. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Virus panel or inside? I can make all photos. Hundreds! Everything you need.
    Once I gave this to repair, in service guys didn't know what to do, they even didn't know what was that, synth or bomb. After that they returned me without repairing, and said that problem was in display and after them display was off. So, i can make photos, but I don't know whether they have stolen (pulled/taken off) some details from device. You will see photos later, tomorrow or during the week. Maybe even you can say me what is there and what is not there. Also I can describe you my problem in details.
    PS Photos will be done with Honor 10 camera.

10. Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca Rock Star

Do you happen to have Discord at all? I think some of our guys in the group will be able to tell you what’s wrong :)

11. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Not yet. Need to visit.

12. Ayahuasca

Ayahuasca Rock Star

Ok :) let me know when you have it and I will add you to our private development channel :)

13. visitor

visitor Guest

This is quickly become the biggest thing I'm excited for in terms of software plugins. I'm still mindblown that the prospect of so many 90's classics, including my favorite Waldorf Q, could actually be feasible

14. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

Yeah. For sure money will be very helpful.
    For example guys can buy a 3D models or order execution of it. I know myself few talented 3D artists which can make realistic 3D models for few bucks and this will be a time saver. Some people can make realistic 3D models like these in few days.

@Ayahuasca There is a question which way You guys wanna go?
    There are two ways of doing this.
    1. Rendered 3D Models which will be very realistic representation of the hardware but there will be some restriction with scalling.
    2. Scalable Vector Graphics which not have any scalling restriction. You can just click and drag the corner to resize but vector graphics will be not look realistic. They will be look more like Sylenth1.

I think the first way isn't a bad idea. Like I mention before if You pay for execution of realistic 3D models it will be a time saver and later will be much less work to transform it into a skin.
    Yeah. Bitmaps will be little restricted and not scalable like vectors.
    But You can add resize button to the plugin with list of 3 or 4 options and add rendered 3D models with different bitmap sizes.
    Like for example "Small" - 512x512, "Medium" - 1024x1024, "Large" - 1648x1648, "Very Large" - 2280x2280

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. hexer1337

hexer1337 Member

holy f, what a beautiful interface!

16. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Not only I agree, I think that should be more than enough for many plugins. Take the famous NeuralDsp ones for instance. Three sizes, problem solved. Adding a fourth for a future 8K screen several years from now would be trivial.

If we talk about a multi-parametric eq or compressor with very variable number of points/bands then vector graphics is the way to go.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. visitor

visitor Guest

I personally agree that having a very universal looking GUI for every synth would be the way to go. The NeuralDSP comparison is a good one: the parameters may be a little different for each synth, but making each plugin look the same would really cut down on the work. There doesn't need to be this very realistic GUI imo when it's simpler to use a very basic and uniform GUI for each synth. Something as simple as color (red for Nord, yellow for Waldorf, blue for Novation, Black for Virus, green for Korg, etc) can be what separates each synth.

18. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

GUI is actual the last step, first the other stuff like DSP emu has to put to working --- and there is still a lot of action going on i guess.

GUI is maybe the least important step here, for me a simple editor would do rly. it brings simplicity for me to the table, which i love more than any shining GUI.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

Yeah. But the path of doing the GUI must be choosen at the programming stage and there are some graphicians here.
    It must be started if it is to be completed.
    It will be a little boomer if the code and engine will be done and graphic stuff will took 6 months.
    The sooner the better.
    There are bunch of graphics. They must sitting and wait for the end of the programming stage?

20. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

@Roject you can join their discord and talk with them, its on the first page, i doubt they read really what we write here.