Drumvolution for Live problem in Live 11

Discussion in 'Live' started by AstralDis, Sep 5, 2022.

1. AstralDis

AstralDis Kapellmeister

Hi !

I decided to try out Drumvolution for Live and what it is happening is that the Drum racks/tracks are receiving triggers but not outputting any sounds...
    Anyone care to test for me, in case you have Live 11 (R2R) and Drumvolution for Live installed?

Thanks!

3. Barry Convex

Barry Convex Newbie

I think I was able to fix it. The problem for me was that the main folder where everything is contained was not an Ableton "project" folder as shown in the graphic from the installation instructions pdf.

What I did was load a new Ableton project. Then open the original Drumvolution.als file. That will open a new project with a couple midi tracks. Don't do anything but immediately save the project as the same file name (it prompted me to save to a different location, but I did within the same root folder where the samples and drum banks folders are). It saves a new project folder called Drumvolution Project. I then exited out of Ableton and moved the drum banks, midi patterns and samples folder from the original download into that new project folder.

Open Ableton again and try loading one of the .adg files from the Drum Banks folder. Everything works for me.

Basically, move all the content into your new "Drumvolution Project" Ableton folder, as the original .adg files are pointing to a "project:" reference location in the missing files dialog.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  4. AstralDis

AstralDis Kapellmeister

Thank you for taking the time to invesitgate into. I will try this soon.

5. AstralDis

AstralDis Kapellmeister

Yes this worked! Brilliant! Thanks again