Drums Plugin

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by music2013, Feb 13, 2014.

1. music2013

music2013 Ultrasonic

A similar drummers to the one of the song minute 2:16

I Have tested Studio Drummer of native instrument, but does not like me as it sounds.
    Somebody knows a drummers that sound similar to the one of the song?

3. abhinavjoshua

abhinavjoshua Noisemaker

Try BFD 3!

4. Hot Penguin

Hot Penguin Newbie

Toontrack's EZ Drummer. And you may wanna use this expansion pack: http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=10.

5. music2013

music2013 Ultrasonic

Also I have tested it, but the sound is not of my like :(

When I refer me to the drummers, refer me to the 'snare' and the 'kick' and 'HIHAT'
    It listens in the minute 2:16

listen this drums

Which instrument seems more to this drums? :excl: :excl: :excl: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

6. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

VSTIs like BFD2, BFD3, SuperiorDrummer, Slate Drums, Ezdrummer, Addictive Drums etc.

7. davea

davea Platinum Record

Addictive Drums too, could do the job.

8. mile15

mile15 Producer

Use BFD2 or SuperiorDrummer with some VST effects (EQ, Compressor, Reverb ...) and that is this sound. :wink:
    You must make to sound like this with VSTs !

9. Pm5

Pm5 Ultrasonic

some wooden snare , mic'd on top , some pretty slow comping. with the bump at 200-ish Hz.
    On the kick, I don't, it doesn't have much top end,all I can say. It's very glue'd to the bass, search there.
    The drum VST is irrelevant, I think they're all good..

You'll need a very clever and careful programming to have something realistic though.

10. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

A: Your question is too vague and asking too much.
    B: Find what what TYPE of drums are being used. A drum kit could be made of a million different pieces and just having a same company doesn't mean it's the same drum piece.
    C: The only VST solution would be Superior Drummer Ez Drummer kits that would be merged together with a lot of work in the mix window of Superior Drummer. But to even get close to what that is You'd have to x-drum several different kits together. And even then like said you'd have to do quite a bit in the mix/mastering window with effects.

The reason I say SDX/EZX is it's the only platform that would possible have close enough matches to the kits, but you'd never find them in the same kits. And there for would have to mix/match and still do a lot of work even if you matched them exactly. The only real option you'd have is sampling the kit on the track itself or find out exactly what their drum kit consists of or finding a multi-track of it.

So while this thread has a bunch of "what drum vst do you use" I think your expecting too much with too little of information. Best you can do is find a drum library or vst made for that type of genre and hope you can use effects and tweaking to get the desired effect but it's not likely. And if you think someone out there has an exact copy of this drum sound without any effort on your part, then you'll never find the answer.

Also just for something to think about.

When I go to recreate a drumkit and I want an "exact" copy it sometimes takes me 8-20 hours using 5-8 different drum libraries to do and that's with Superior Drummer 2 having every single kit for both SDX and EZX. That's like 30 different libraries with multiple kits per library I go through, not to mention the engineering work to make them sound right after I've found the ideal base kit parts. This being said I also have 5-6 years working with Superior Drummer/Ez Drummer alone and it still takes that long for me.

So in the end no one here will have an answer for you because no virtual kits are modeled after the specific drums your looking for. And the only solution is to build and engineer one yourself out of what is out there. But if you don't have any experience in doing so then I'd suggest searching for something that is in that genre and accept it. Because while you could get lucky and find an off brand construction kit or vst or spend the time to learn how to recreate you're not going to find what you're looking for.