Drums like Imagine Dragons Radioactive

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Santii7979, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Santii7979

Santii7979 Ultrasonic

Before start i wanna say sorry for my english. Hi mates, anyone know what virtual instruments are using in imagine dragons or how to get BIG drums like radioactive? Some super samples for big drums?

Thx for all ! God bless u

3. electriclash

electriclash Guest

hey hey; always helps to post an example when asking a question like this.

here you go man

4. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

Personally id say get the highest quality samples that are close and then some plugins and skills to make them identical or near. But I'm also a guy who spends 8 hours to duplicate band kits from specific songs in Superior Drummer.

Why? Even if you get samples you have to rely on someone else, bad processing, clipping, etc. If you can duplicate it its always much cleaner. Personal opinion though. There are hundreds of drum synths and libraries that could recreate it.

5. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    Get some roomy drum samples, Led Zeppelin style bass drum, for instance and distressor the heck out of them. For that whiplashy snare sound, you could side chain it with a 1176 style compressor with the all-buttons-in mode and a ratio of at least 8:1. At least I'd start there.

6. celtrock

celtrock Newbie

My current favorite drum sample company is "That Sound." www.iwantthatsound.com. Absolutely the most professional and organic drum sounds. You definitely need to check out the samples of their "Mammoth" collection. https://www.iwantthatsound.com/mammoth. Sounds inspired by Imagine Dragons and more. Check out their other collections as well. Remember to use headphones!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

The sound of the actual drum isn't going to be that big of a deal in this instance.

You just need to do mean things and eventually any drum will sound like that. Bitcrush it, compress it, clip it, distort it. Once you get into square wave drum sounds you have to tune your own flavor but aside of timber you don't need any specific sample unless you are just want a plug and play solution where you don't have to think or tamper with processors.

You could always find an old crappy boom box on craiglist and just overdrive it and record the sound of the drums back in as well.

8. x-man

x-man Member

+1

9. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Radioactive Drum sound =

ANY regular sounding drum kit, &
    Ohmforce Ohmicide with the right settings