Drums libs like Action Strikes ?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by toshfox, Dec 13, 2020.

1. toshfox

toshfox Noisemaker

Hi,

I would like to know your recommandations about drums librairies made like Action Strike by NI.
    As I am not good with percussion, this lib has helped me to improve the perc of my tracks.

Do you know any about different style of music made like it , as for EDM, Rock ... (if possible using Kontakt)
    thanks.

3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Hi,

There's also In Session Audio's Drumatic Creator.
    Perhaps also check out Damage by Heavyocity, but it doesn't loop. They also have Ensemble Drums.
    I'm not sure what your second question means, sorry.

4. toshfox

toshfox Noisemaker

Thanks Smoove Grooves
    Sorry about my english, the second question just mean the same thing but with different style of music
    As Action strike is more for orchestral music, I was wondering about other styles if we have same.
    thanks again , I will check

5. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

I understand that you prefer Kontack, but Spectrasonic's Stylus RMX is ideal for looping percussion and there are a lot of libraries to chose from.

6. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Ah. Yeahyeah. Well Drumatic Creator Is more Cinematic I think.
    And Heavyocity Ensemble Drums has playable loops.
    Big Fish Audio made some drum loop things for all sorts of genres.

Which brings to to the fact that i agree with Oly. I have been using that bad boy Stylus since it came out.
    And a lot of the Big Fish Audio Kontakt drum instruments come multi-format, and can be used in Stylus.
    There are a lot of genres included in the core library. It is mostly all kit based, not ensemble perc.
    Plus there are 3rd party libraries that have loops with instruments other than drums.
    And if you're new to loop based drum stuff, and you don't just want Ensemble percussion, then all the Abbey Road drumkits have MIDI files that come with them, so you can create patterns in a different way.
    But this is not like Action Strikes at all.