Drumpad with 100$ budget?

Discussion in 'Studio' started by Highdom, Dec 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

Now that's awesome news. Thanks for updating! I'm glad it works great for you, and hope you make many sound tracks using it! If you do, you should share them here on audiosex ...I would love to hear!
    :mates:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Glitchier

Glitchier Noisemaker

I was thinking to open a thread before I saw that. I need to buy a pad controller NOT for live, only studio. Lay down a beat, quick setup, not much bells and whistles. So I appreciate a good sensitivity. Akai MPD218 is a good choice? Someone criticized its pads, perhaps MPD18? Or it should be better Korg Pad Kontrol even if it's older? I use Ableton, mapping shouldn't be a problem whatever the choice.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  3. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

KungPaoFist mentioned that the pads on the MPD218 "looked a little suspect", and recommended the MPD 18 over it. Highdom got the MPD218, and says it's great. Researching, I found the MPD 18 had better review scores, which is why I agreed, but it is a bit more expensive. The MPD218 is a newer model, and is still being supported. In fact depending on your needs, they have a few new pad controllers to choose from here: http://www.akaipro.com/products/pad-controllers .

The older models including the MPD 18 here: http://www.akaipro.com/products/legacy can be found on amazon and ebay of course, and were built to last! I would suggest, using the budget you have, to search for drum pad model reviews and make an educated purchase. I personally only use the Drum Pads on an Akai MPK keyboard controller, and they work great for me. If I had my way, and the budget, I would grab the MPCX! which of course is way beyond a drumpad controller, but man that would be an awesome center-piece!

4. Glitchier

Glitchier Noisemaker

Thank you, appreciated! I've found out that MPD26 has swing, but it's a bit more cumbersome than MPD218. They're both on the same price range, I'll choose one soon.
    Well, MPCX... that would be a dream, but even MPC3000, because J Dilla, that's all :)